What helped you to decide to have a Homebirth?
Homebirths are growing in popularity again as more and more women become aware of this natural way to give birth in perhaps the most comfortable and relaxing environment of all. When a women is undisturbed and in surroundings which she perceives to be safe she can 'go within herself' and let the subconscious part of her brain take over the birth; trusting her body and her baby.
There are many reasons to choose to have a homebirth. Some of those which have been discussed previously on this forum are:
- giving birth in an undisturbed environment
- giving birth with the people you want present (including children)
- most likely to have low intervention labour
- birthing in an environment chosen by you
- certain use of a birthing pool
- more likely to have a quicker, smoother labour
What helped you to decide to have a homebirth? Was there one particular factor which made you sure this was the birth you hoped for or was it the overall idea of birthing at home? How did your birth experience compare to your birth hopes?
'Good beginnings make a positive difference in the world, so it is worth our while to provide the best possible care for mothers and babies throughout this extraordinarily influential part of life'. Ina May Gaskin