H mole is also known as hydatidiform mole. It is a form of a gestational trophoblastic disease. It is a condition wherein there is a rare mass that forms inside the uterus at the beginning of a pregnancy. This is due to the overproduction of the tissue that is supposed to develop into the placenta. The tissues then develop into a mass.
There are two types:
Partial molar pregnancy - there is an abnormal placenta and some fetal development
Complete molar pregnancy - there is an abnormal placenta but no fetus
Both forms are due to problems during fertilization. A diet low in protein, animal fat, and vitamin A may play a role.
Signs & symptoms:
- abnormal growth of the uterus
- vaginal bleeding during the first 3 mos of pregnancy
- symptoms of hyperthyroidism
- loose stools
- rapid heart rate
- skin warmer and more moist than usual
- unexplained weight loss
- symptoms similar to preeclampsia that occur in the 1st trimester
Having this kind of condition is difficult and life threatening. Any one of you who experienced/ is experiencing this?