Thread: vaccinations

Hybrid View

vaccinations

Hi,

Could you please list me all vaccinations which has to be taken for babies.

Here it is recommended that children receive the following vaccines by 15 months:

HepB: protects against hepatitis B
    DTaP: a combined vaccine that protects against diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (whooping cough)
    Hib: protects against Haemophilus influenzae type b
    PCV: protects against pneumococcal disease
    Polio: protects against polio, the vaccine is also known as IPV
    RV: protects against infections caused by rotavirus
    Influenza: protects against influenza (flu)
    MMR: protects against measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles)
    Varicella: protects against varicella, also known as chickenpox
    HepA: protects against hepatitis A

Often children receive a main dose, followed by several boosters. This is necessary because of their still-developing immune system. Remember, vaccines are "recommended" not required. =)

Thank you

Hello ibrualfi,

The vaccination recommendations for children actually vary according to country. Some recommend more than others.

I would encourage you to take some time to really look around our vaccination forum area and learn all you can about the pros and cons of vaccination.

I would also encourage you to pick up a book or two about childhood vaccinations and read more about the effectiveness of vaccinations, side effects, how to naturally boost your child's immune system if you choose not to vaccinate, and what you can do to decrease the chances of side effects if you choose to vaccinate.

Dr. Lauren Feder, M.D. is the author of The Parents’ Concise Guide to Childhood Vaccinations where she offers practical medical and natural ways to protect your child.

If you’re just not sure what to do, Dr. Feder offers a balanced and easy-to-understand discussion of the issues, explaining the truth about the effectiveness of vaccinations, side effects, and much more.

After I read and talked to many people about vaccines, my husband and I decided not to vaccinate our children unless there was a specific vaccine that we felt was really important and the benefits of the vaccine outweighed risks. But in general, we realized that a lot of the diseases that the vaccines were meant to prevent were no longer prevalent in our country and the risk of our children contracting some of the diseases was very, very low. In those situations, we felt that the risks that come with those vaccines outweighed the possible benefits, which would have been either very little benefit or no benefit at all. Sadly way too many children have had serious reactions to vaccines, and we're also finding that vaccines are compromising the immune system setting children up or being unhealthy later in life.

Please feel free to post back if you have any questions at all about which vaccines are best or which vaccines can be avoided. We're here to help you make the best choices for you and your family.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hi Kate,

What will happen if I miss one of those vaccines needed? Will it cause sickness or abnormalities?

Hello rballermo1008,

Is there a specific vaccination that you have missed or are concerned about missing? I chose not to vaccinate my children except for only very specific situations where we chose to give one specific vaccination, but I have 3 children who have never had a vaccination.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hi Kate,

I missed the last shot for Rotavirus. It is too pricy.

Here is some excellent information on Rotavirus and the Rotavirus Vaccine.

Please read through it and post back with what you learn. I will try to give you further assistance/suggestions if you need them.

Warm Regards,

Kate