worried and wondering is it normal

Hi iam 34 had 3 misscarrages and one son he is 12 found out iam 2 weeks pregnet been getti ng blood test results every week my hormone level is up to gone from 1538 to 30600 ive had bad back pain and cramps thay have stoped but receving very light brown marks on paper when i wipe for the last 2 days iam stressing bad as i never had this issue when i had my son so if u could please let me know would be great my scan is not for 2 more weeks

Hi Julie,

It sounds like your hCG levels are increasing nicely. Brown blood is old blood and is often nothing to worry about.

If you get some pink or red blood then call your midwife or doctor to let them know. Many pregnancies progress just fine, even with some spotting.

I'm guessing the doctor may have you on some sort of progesterone support due to the 3 miscarriages. If not, you may want to ask about a recommendation. Some midwives suggest using Natural Progesterone Cream during pregnancy, especially if a woman is older or has had multiple miscarriages.

Please post back and let us know how the scan goes.

Warm Regards,

Kate