Talking Melbourne ACU Student Midiwfe seeking to care for pregnant women

Hello everyone!

My name's Courtney, I'm studying at ACU to be a midwife. I wanted to offer women my free services of personalised maternity support. I have a woman centred, holistic continuity of care philosophy. I work in partnership with you and your support network as an addition to advocate, empower and enhance your pregnancy as you require. Support can be anything from a cup of tea, answering questions you may have, support at your appointments or even a birth support. All support is confidential and backed up by an experienced midwife who oversees my partnerships with women. This opportunity is entirely led by the client as to it's nature, and in addition to her current health care provider. I live in northern melbourne but am very happy to travel to you!
    I would love to hear from you, your story and to possibly care for you through your pregnancy, birth and post partum experience. If you are interested, please feel free to respond and I can provide you with more info!

Thanks,
    Courtney.

Quote Originally Posted by babiesunderbirthsupport View Post
    Hello everyone!

My name's Courtney, I'm studying at ACU to be a midwife. I wanted to offer women my free services of personalised maternity support. I have a woman centred, holistic continuity of care philosophy. I work in partnership with you and your support network as an addition to advocate, empower and enhance your pregnancy as you require. Support can be anything from a cup of tea, answering questions you may have, support at your appointments or even a birth support. All support is confidential and backed up by an experienced midwife who oversees my partnerships with women. This opportunity is entirely led by the client as to it's nature, and in addition to her current health care provider. I live in northern melbourne but am very happy to travel to you!
    I would love to hear from you, your story and to possibly care for you through your pregnancy, birth and post partum experience. If you are interested, please feel free to respond and I can provide you with more info!

Thanks,
    Courtney.
    Hi,

I was wondering if you are still looking for people? I am 17 weeks pregnant, and going to give birth at Bacchus Marsh Hospital!

Hi Courtney,

My name is Ciara and I am 16 weeks pregnant. I am very interested in your offer of maternity support. I am due to give birth in The Royal Womens Melbourne in early April.

Thanks,
    Ciara

Hello Mrs. Fitze and Ciara,

Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure if Courtney is still looking for women to support during pregnancy - hoping to hear back from here here on this thread to let us know whether she is or not.

I will mention your interest to our resident midwife, Jane, to see if she has any contacts for you.

I will say that I've had 5 homebirths with midwives and doulas, and it is such a treat to have that kind of support at a birth. I had to pay out of pocket for 2 of the births but it was SOOOO worth it. I actually avoided a C-Section with my first baby by having a skilled midwife in attendance.

Please take some time to look around the site and feel free to ask any questions. We're here to support you.

Warm Regards,

Kate
    Last edited by 5Homebirths4Kate; 28th October 2012 at 05:37 AM.

Hello Mrs Fitz,

thank you for responding to my post. Congratulations! May I ask what suburb you are in? I am certainly still looking for women to learn from and would love to discuss the program and your pregnancy with you. Feel free to send me an email on
    cecheo001@myacu.edu.au.

Courtney.