Hybrid View

What methods will my husband and I use in order to conceive?

My friends and relatives have been asking me and my husband for a long time why we haven't had a child yet.
    They were asking us if we have problems on our reproductive system.
    It somehow hurt my ego because I, myself do not know the cause of this problem.

We do not have infertility issues or history in the family.
    However, as I've mentioned in my previous post, my mum had a history of ovarian cysts.

I know that I am still young (24 years old) but we eagerly wanted to have a baby now.
    I have regular menstruation every month and I have followed the calendar method. However, I failed many times because I still have my menstruation the next month.

What methods will we have to use in order to conceive?

Your answers will be a great help to us.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by brendamayc; 20th October 2012 at 03:39 PM.

Hi Brenda,

Following the calendar method is not nearly as reliable as reading your body's fertility signs.

The egg only lives for 12-24 hours. If you have sex after this time, you cannot conceive.

Sperm can live for 3-5 days in good quality cervical fluid. If you don't have good quality cervical mucus, then sperm can't last as long because it's your cervical mucus that helps to preserve the sperm and protect it from the hostile environment inside your body.

Please let me know if you're familiar with watching your fertility signs, and if not, then I'd encourage you to start watching your body now and ask any questions you may have. We're here to support you in your effort to conceive, and I've helped plenty of women to conceive quickly - even some who had been trying for 5 years. For them, it truly was a matter of not knowing the perfect timing and techniques.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Ms. Kate,

Thank you very much for your kind responses.
    I will now be more observant on my body changes and fertility signs.
    I will also need to undergo trans-vaginal ultrasound and I will also let my husband be tested for sperm count.

Your responses have been a great help Ms. Kate. I have learned a lot regarding this matter.
    Thank you once again.

Sincerely,

Brenda

You are most welcome, Brenda. Please feel free to post questions that may come up and I'll do my best to answer.

Warm Regards,

Kate