Sex during pregnancy, is it okay?

My partner and I did not have sex since we confirmed that I am pregnant. It is because I am very concerned that sex will harm my baby. Should we avoid penetrative sex? Are there times that we can have sex? If I don't want to have sex or need to be avoided, what activities you can advice that me and my partner can do? Even when I'm pregnant, I want to make my partner feel that togetherness.

I hope you can give me advice on this.
    Thank you.

Hi Lovelyjoy02,

If you are not experiencing any bleeding during your pregnancy, then sex is just fine. I had sex throughout all 5 of my pregnancies. You don't have to worry about the penis hurting the baby or hurting you. A mucus plug has developed in your cervix to keep bacteria from entering the womb so there's nothing to worry about.

Please let me know if there's anything else you're concerned about that would make you cautious about having sex. If you don't want him to be aggressive or if you don't want him to penetrate deeply, just ask him to be gentle, but in general, normal sex is just fine throughout pregnancy unless your doctor advises you otherwise (which would normally happen if you were bleeding or if you were threatening labour too early).

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hi Lovelyjoy02,

I was just wondering if you received my reply to your post and if it helped to ease your mind, or if you have other questions.

Warm Regards,

Kate