Hybrid View

Administrator

Recommended childbirth educators

I invite you to use this thread to talk about positive experiences of attending childbirth education courses. Please note this part of the forum is moderated. So all posts have to be approved.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

I had a good experience with Katherine Ferris for hypnobabies/hypnobirthing. Very good for the nervous mum-to-be.

Not sure if I can submit a post about a negative experience.... I did the Calmbirth course and just wanted to say I don't think it's realistic at all about what to expect in childbirth and didn't help me at all in preparing for the pain and also stamina required for labour

My husband and I went along to both Transition into Parenthood and calmbirth® courses with Julie Clarke www.julieclarke.com.au at Sylvania, before the birth of our first child in 2010. We both found the courses to be really empowering, informative and supportive. I had previously heard many frightening birth stories from family and friends and I did not have a positive view of childbirth and parenting. Recently had my second child in Dec 2011 and I have had two positive birth experiences, the skills I learnt from the courses were invaluable, nothing I had ever heard before and my husband and I credit these courses for welcoming our two children into the world in a really positive and calm way.

Administrator
    Welcome to the forum thekey - I've known Julie for longer than I'd like to admit. She is a wonderful childbirth educator. Thanks for the post.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

I agree with you thekey and Jane, I did Julie's Transition into Parenthood course when I was pregnant with my first child and it absolutely changed my whole journey - in many positive ways! She is a fantastic teacher and I highly recommend her classes to everyone