Thread: Gaining Weight

Hybrid View

Gaining Weight

I've gained 22 pounds. My doctor, husband, friends, and family are not as concerned as I am and they don't seem to understand how I feel. I'm completely thrilled at the prospect of becoming a mother, but the weight gain is making me miserable. Do I just need to get over myself'? Am I the only one who feels this way?

Hi Lovelyjoy02,

It sounds like you are gaining well. You'll lose that weight quickly if you breastfeed your child. This is one of the added bonuses of breastfeeding.

Be sure you are eating a healthy diet. Eating too many simple carbohydrates and not enough vegetables can easily put the pounds on without giving you the nutrition that you and your baby need.

I would encourage you to focus on eating more fruits and vegetables. Blending them into a smoothie can be really yummy and allow you to get these nutrient packed foods into your body without adding unneeded pounds.

Warm Regards,

Before getting pregnant your weight should be healthy. That means that your weight should be ideal for you. Calculate your BMI.
    If you are still not pregnant then I advise you to lose weight, of course, if your BMI isn’t okay. Weight loss is a hard thing, so be patient. Eat healthy food, less carbs more proteins, especially lean protein. Eat chicken breasts. Drink more water and no juices! They contain a lot of sugar, so it is bad for your health. Read more articles about weight loss.