Thread: Hospital Stay

Hybrid View

Hospital Stay

I am wondering when I should start preparing for my hospital stay. When should I start packing. I'm a little worried about not being ready in case the baby decides to come early but I don't want to pack to soon. It's not a very important question but I was just wondering what advice some of you had. Thank you.

Hi Lovelyjoy02,

Our resident midwife, Jane, suggestions that you start thinking about what you'll pack for the hospital at 34 weeks. That's about 1 1/2 months before baby is due.

She is often asked the question "what do I take to the hospital?" so she posted a whole list here on her website.

One thing that you may find helpful is laying items out on the bed in a spare bedroom or in the corner of a room. This way you can easily see what you have as you start to collect what you'll take to the hospital. You can also use some items like underwear, night clothes or address book as needed.

I never packed a hospital bag because I had all 5 babies at home and figured that if I needed to be transferred, that my midwife and husband would bring what I needed to the hospital for me but I've since learned that it's always a good idea to be prepared... just in case

Warm Regards,

Kate