Hybrid View

Administrator

Recommended midwives

I invite you to use this thread to talk about positive experiences receiving midwifery care. Please note this part of the forum is moderated. So all posts have to be approved.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Okay, I recommend Jane Palmer. She's a great midwife, has heaps of experience and a gentle nature.
    I also recommend Melanie Jackson, who lives in Penrith - another beautiful person.

Robyn Dempsey isn't bad either

Edana

hey guys,,,,,,,
    Also the best thing we ever did was get a student midwife as well to attend the birth etc.
    So enthusiastic and she was there the whole time ...

Administrator
    I agree - having a student midwife is a great option. Student midwives are required to have a minimum number of women they follow through they pregnancy, birth and postnatal period. So you can get the benefit of continuity of care and one to one care care in labour.
    Hidden Content

Hi all,

My name's Ellen and I'm in my third of Bach of Midwifery at ACU in Melbourne.

I'm looking for pregnant women to follow through their pregnancies and support them in the journey from pregnancy to parenting!

I live in the northern suburbs but I'm happy to travel.

Please let me know if you're interested! My email address is ellenstephanie@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you!!
    Ellen.

've only just found out I'm pregnant - due to dodgy periods I could be 6 or 8 weeks! I have an appointment with my GP in 2 weeks, but as this is my first I'm not sure where to go next. I'm an hour and half north of Perth in Western AUstralia so wondered if anyone has any recommendations of hospitals, midwives, good experiences etc in the Perth area?

Administrator
    Congratulations on your pregnancy wee-rogue. I personally do not have knowledge of the range of services near you - however we do list midwives on Pregnancy Birth and Beyond's website in our Find a Practitioner search. If you put in your postcode and select midwives from the drop down box you should find the midwives closest to you. If you don't find anyone doing that - increase the kilometres in the search radius box. You can call the midwife/s and find out more about them - most midwives are happy to inform you of the different types of maternity services in your area. Also someone on this forum can give you some recommendations. All the best.
    Hidden Content

I practice as an osteopath in Buderim and see many ladies using the services of Natasha Oglesby at Sunshine Coast Midwifery. Professionally she is outstanding and as a person simply wonderful. All her ladies seem to adore her and I only ever hear positive reports about her.

www.sunshinecoastmidwifery.com.au
    Last edited by buderimosteopath; 27th January 2013 at 12:05 PM.

I have 2 recommended midwives that I have used and they were both fantastic support for me.

With my 3 year old son I had Sharon Dalton who worked within the birth centre of Gold Coast Hospital, now works for Gold Coast Midwifery Practice. I had an amazing waterbirth with no problems after an awful 3rd degree tear with my first son.

With my 9 month daughter I had Natasha Oglesby from Sunshine Coast Midwifery who helped me have an amazing short and sweet homebirth. Something I didn't think I would ever have.
    I can't speak highly enough of either of these 2 women. They are so wonderful at what they do, and they have both truly changed my life.