Red face How to breastfeed your baby when you have small nipples?

Hi,

I need some help regarding breastfeeding. I have small nipples and I am wondering if it's going to be hard breastfeeding your baby with small nipples? If so, how am I going to breastfeed my baby without difficulty by the way?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Sincerely,

Suezzy

Hi Suezzy,

That's great to hear that you are already thinking about breastfeeding your children. As you know, breastmilk gives a great start in life to babies. New research has also shown that breastmilk contains stem cells.

Most women who have small nipples do not have any problems breastfeeding. If you feel that your nipples may be extremely small then you could ask a Lactation Consultant to have a look when you are pregnant to see if they advise anything special. I've actually responded to another post about this today at the bottom of this thread if you would like to have a read.

Please do ask for lots of help and support from your midwife, breastfeeding support group, health visitors and us here on this forum. Breastfeeding is wonderful but it can take a bit of help at the beginning. If you breastfeed your baby on demand (exclusively for the first 6 months of life) and get a good latch you will most likely have a very successful and enjoyable time breastfeeding.

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi Suezzy,

As LJ suggests, the size of your nipples will not necessarily impact on breastfeeding. Also, and I am assuming here that you are not yet pregnant, your breasts will change in pregnancy in terms of size, shape. A breast check during pregnancy, as LJ recommends, may help to put your mind at rest. The reality is that breasts are built for breastfeeding and babies geared for it!
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content