Results 1 to 2 of 2
28th December 2011 05:21 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
How to deal with two year old Tantrum
Well my son is two and he is very active and sometimes i have to say that he can have his little tantrums. I have found a few ways to deal with a tantrum when he has one, but if you would like to add some of your ideas please feel free. I see that this is a pregnancy and parenting network, so I hope that I am posting in the right place.
1. Have them sit on the bed for a few minutes until they calm down.
2. After they are calm talk to them and see why they were upset or if they did not get what they wanted then explain to them why they can not have everything that they want.
3. Never discipline for a tantrum, I was taught this actually, because it makes it worse.
So here are a few things, but as a parent I know we deal with these things differently, but if you have more ideas please feel free to share.
29th December 2011 04:54 AM #2
Books for Toddlers
I would recommend reading some books to help with two year old Tantrums. Two of my recommendations would be:
- Tears and Tantrums: What to do when babies and children cry by Aletha J. Solter
- Toddler Tactics: How to make magic from mayhem by Pinky McKay
I am sure there are other wonderful books out there. Does anyone have any recommendations?