Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread: Forum Rules
28th February 2010 07:22 AM #1
You must read these rules prior to posting on Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond’s forum. To keep members supported and safe the forum is moderated by these rules.
1. Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond’s Forum supports women’s choice, natural birth and gentle parenting - This is an important one - we require all posts to keep within the spirit of this philosophy.
2. Sensitive topics - Sensitive topics are raised from time to time and can upset some members Moderators keep a close eye on these topics to ensure posts are respectful. If posts are heated – they will be removed by the moderators.
3. Netiquette - Post only messages that relate directly to the topic, post only original messages, be respectful of others, please watch your language (swearing can offend) and be forgiving of other people's mistakes.
4. No advertising - This means no self promoting, no party-plan and no promotion of products. Advertising breeching this rule will be removed instantly. You can mention a business if it is helpful in the context of the thread on the forum. If you need clarification of this rule contact the moderators.
5. Sharing information – We are concerned out your privacy and this forum is public. Do not post your name, phone numbers or addresses. These details can be used indiscriminately and can result in harm. You are responsible for any information posted.
6. No Double Posting or Spamming - You may not post more than once in a row in the same thread. Posting lots of times in a row reduces the quality of the board, is a waste of the board's memory, and incorrectly boosts the post count points. Double posts will be merged into regular posts. Posting of trivial or meaningless posts will not be tolerated. Spamming is not allowed, and is defined as a post that has no meaning.
The following rules list the most serious violations:
7. No Hacking - This should go without saying, but you are not permitted to hack the board. Guessing someone else's password and succeeding counts as hacking. Members who hack will instantly be permanently banned without any warnings.
8. No Discrimination - You may not insult members based on their religion, race, sex, political beliefs, or whether they are gay or straight. Discrimination will NOT be tolerated!
9. No Bullying - Do not pick on other forum members. The worst kind of bullying is where new members are picked on. This hurts the member as well as the board.
10. No Flaming - Flaming harms the supportive atmosphere of Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond’s forum. It also causes thread's to go off topic, and most importantly, it hurts the person being flamed. The victim may defend themselves against any accusations made to them, but may not make any additional accusations to the flamer (which also counts as flaming).
11. No Profanity or Obscene Content - Such content does not belong on Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond’s forum. A censor system is in place as a backup. If you see words in your post being replaced with ****, you have done something wrong. Please edit your post and tone it down before your timer runs out. To edit a post, click the "Edit" button right below it. Cheating the censor system is against the rules.
12. No Copyright Infringement -all work posted on this forum should be your own. When quoting someone else's work make sure you put the original source and do not quote more than 1/5 of the original text.
For the safety and environment of the forum we moderate it quite closely, guided by these rules. The moderator’s decisions are final. If a forum member breaks a rule (intentionally or unintentionally) the following will occur:
1. Warning – You will be contacted privately that you have broken a rule
2. Muting - This is where you are not able to post to the board. You may still view it.
3. Temporary Ban - This is where you are not able to view the board for a certain period of time.
4. Permanent Ban - You can never again view the board.
The action taken depends on severity of the rule breaking.
Last edited 28th February 2010.
The opinions and information expressed in Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond’s forum are those of the individual making the post and do not necessarily reflect those of Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond. We take no responsibility of the accuracy of the posts. We will attempt to correct any inaccuracies when they are brought to the attention of the administrators or moderators.