Thread: Scary thought

Lightbulb Scary thought

I have heard about this ectopic pregnancy from a friend who conceives. I am really afraid that I might have this kind of pregnancy. How many chances that I can have this ectopic pregnancy as well? Why such a pregnancy happen? How can I avoid having this kind of pregnancy?

Please do give me some info about this ectopic pregnancy. I would be really glad for your response.

Thank you :-)

Ectopic Pregnancy

Hi mjdingky,

An ectopic pregnancy happens in about 1 out of every 50 pregnancies and are usually caused by an infection or inflammation in the fallopian tube, scar tissue left behind from a previous infection or surgery on the tube which can keep the fertilized egg from moving down the fallopian tube properly or an abnormal tube shape which is sometimes caused by abnormal growths or a birth defect.

Women who are 35 years or older have a higher risk of having an ectopic pregnancy as do women who have had several abortions (not miscarriages). Women who smoke or who have endometriosis or who have undergone fertility treatment or are using fertility medications also have a higher chance of having an ectopic pregnancy.

So what's the best thing to do to help ensure you don't have an ectopic pregnancy? Live a healthy lifestyle, avoid having sex with people who have been sexually active with more than one partner, don't smoke, don't do drugs, and eat a really healthy preconception diet.

I would encourage you to start preconception care today because this will help to create healthy eggs and sperm (if your partner chooses to do the preconception plan with you).

Warm Regards,

Kate

5Homebirths4Kate,

Thank you so much for answering my question.
    The preconception care you have provided is a great help.