Co-sleeping with more than one

As I've commented before, me and my baby are co-sleeping fans (for the benefits of co-sleeping see this inspiring article). I am interested to hear from those who have co-slept with more than one baby or child. Is this possible?! what were your sleeping arrangements?

I did not co-sleep with more than one child for a prolonged period of time, but there have been some nights when I did co-sleep with two of the children. We actually co-sleep in a different way than some families, as my children do not co-sleep with both my husband and myself. He is a very deep sleeper, so we do not share the same bed whilst co-sleeping. I sleep with the baby, and my husband sleeps by himself. When I have co-slept with more than one child, it was easier since there was more room. I don't really have any tips, but I would keep myself between the older child and the baby as much as possible.
    Last edited by Jessica; 13th January 2012 at 03:41 AM.

More than one in the family bed

I recently had a mom ask me how she could get her 1 1/2 year old to stop breastfeeding at night. She and her husband and their 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old sons sleep in the same bed.

I suggested that she put her 3 year old next to her and her 1 1/2 year old between him and dad, or put the 1 1/2 year old on the other side of dad (though that can be hard if baby is on the edge of the bed, so unless the bed is on the floor, that's not the best idea).

We've had 4 in the bed many times, and I've even had 5 in the bed when my husband was gone (the oldest would lay across the foot of the bed, and the other 3 were in the bed with me.

It worked for us, but most of the time I would try to wean the breastfeeding toddler before the new baby came long :-)

Wow 5 in a bed: nice and comfy! Thanks ladies for your replies on this: gives me something to consider.

We have one full time cosleeper and one part-time cosleeper (my two-year-old sometimes sleeps with his four year old brother in the kid's room) at the moment. My two year old sleeps on a toddler bed that we have sidecar to our king size bed. Then there is dad, then there is mom, then there is my soon-to-be one year old. We have had a few different configurations over the last year to keep things working for us. If you are going to sleep with a second or third child, I recommend the side car method- because it provides more space.

We are probably going to sidecar the crib or another toddler bed soon, to provide a little bit more room. =)