Hybrid View

Red face Frequent Urination

I'm experiencing frequent urination, so I want to know when will this frequent urination stop? And is it normal to all pregnant?

Frequent urination happens because of hormonal changes in the body. It is very normal during pregnancy. You may experience it throughout your entire pregnancy, when hormone levels change after birth and come back into normal ranges.

If you don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night to urinate, then just stop drinking at least 2-4 hours before you go to bed. However it's super important that you drink plenty of water during your pregnancy because you're going to be producing more blood for you and baby, so don't back-off during the day. Water is your friend

Warm Regards,

Kate

Frequent urination is indeed very common during pregnancy. During the early months, it is related to hormonal changes. In the latter part of pregnancy, it is not only related to changing hormones, but also a physical response to the growing baby's pressure on the bladder.

I have to second Kate's suggestion. Cutting back on water before going to bed can help, but you still need to stay well hydrated during pregnancy. Personally, I was thirsty when I was pregnant, almost all the time. SO the skipping liquids before bed never worked for me. However, those middle of the night pee sessions do serve one purpose, they help you to adjust to the years of broken, erratic asleep ahead .

I'm experiencing frequent urination at night. I do not drink liquids before bed but it doesn't help. Hope I'll adjust to it

Hi Amelia,

Try to stop drinking by 6PM, empty your bladder right before bed, and see if that helps you. On the other hand, frequent urination during pregnancy just helps you prepare for those nights when you'll be waking up every 2 hours to feed your baby

Kate

Just also be sure to mention this to your midwife who will want to check for sugar levels in your urine and for any bugs. Otherwise its all very normal as you have someone on the inside taking great delight in thumping your baldder and putting extra presure on it!
    Hidden Content

Dr Roger Kingston DO
    Osteopath & Cranial Osteopath

Hidden Content