I wanted to use IUD what's the advantage when using this and what's not

Me and my husband wanted to have 2 children only. And after giving birth to my 2nd child ( I am nearly on my due date) I wanted to use safe and healthy contraceptive. Somehow I have bad experience with pills and so I decided to use IUD. IS this ok? please tell and advise me.

Hello jopoys,

One of the best ways to avoid pregnancy is by being able to read your body's personal fertility signs. Women who use natural family planning (NFP) have a very high success rate at avoiding conception when they don't want to conceive - the same rate as using the birth control pill. The largest benefit comes in knowing that you are not putting anything harmful in your body so there is no risk of infection and no risk of reaction.

The IUD is an abortifacient which means that it does little to keep the sperm from reaching and fertilizing the egg. Rather it's main way of preventing conception is by not allowing the newly created human life to implant in the uterus.

Side effects of the IUD are primarily limited to the uterus and include cramps, spotting, heavy periods, infection, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), and infertility.

In about 1 in 1,000 cases, the IUD will perforate the uterine wall and enter the abdomen where it must be removed surgically.

The IUD must be inserted and removed by a doctor.

In general, the IUD is not something I would personally use, due to all of the possible complications and the fact that it is an abortifacient. My husband and I used natural family planning for the first 7 years we were married and it worked 100% at keeping me from getting pregnant, when my husband didn't want a child. I was highly fertile during those years, too. We also used it to space our children, and it worked great at helping me know my body well so that I could conceive when my husband was ready.

I am now 49 years old and entering menopause and I still use natural family planning so I know when I'm fertile and when I'm not. When I'm fertile, if we make love, my husband chooses to pull out before ejaculation because he doesn't want any more children. It has worked well for us for 29 years (we got married when he was 18 and I was 20).

Please let me know if you have any questions or want any other information on birth control. The diaphragm may be a better option than the IUD for you.

Alternatively, there are always condoms for him.

Warm Regards,

Kate

hi kate,

we have done that thing on my first baby, but it wasn't successful. I am very much afraid to get pregnant again. Me and my husband doesn't want 3rd child anymore. We only want 2, I am afraid of pills so was using IUD but I really don't know what's the best choice for now. I don't have any background with diaphragm, but my husband told me he will be using condoms and we really need discipline this time. I think this will really help.

The diaphragm is fitted to your cervix (size) by the doctor. It's similar to a condom in that you have to place it inside before having sex (condom has to be placed on the penis before having sex).

I'm surprised that you got pregnant while using natural family planning because when used correctly, it is very effective. The calendar method is often mistaken as being "natural family planning", but it is not. The calendar method is not effective and it's easy to get pregnant if you're just "counting days"

Will you share exactly what you were doing to avoid pregnancy, that then resulted in pregnancy? I might be able to help you see what you were doing wrong, so you can correct it.

Do you know how to watch your fertility signs and were you marking those on the calendar? The stretch of your mucus, the color of your mucus, etc.? Were you doing that? It only takes about 10 seconds per day to make this notation on the calendar and, again, is very effective at telling you whether you are fertile or not.

Warm Regards,

Kate

I just have to say I had bad side effects with the pill, so I tried an IUD. I was told it was less hormonal and would be better for breastfeeding. That may be true, but I spotted on and off for eight months. I also had severe, repeated infections while using the IUD. I was constantly bloated and crampy, had migraines, the works.

My husband also does not want a second child but we have been using natural family planning, including ecological breastfeeding, for over a year now and it is great. I highly recommend looking into NFP, or using non-hormonal contraceptive like condoms or a diaphragm before attempting the IUD.