Infection causing premature birth

My son was born 5 weeks early and the doctor's believed it was because of an infection. Why was it not caught or even tested for when I was going to the doctor for regular check ups?

Hello,

It depends what the infection was and when it started. The start of an infection may be without symptoms and so difficult to detect.

That must have been a very worrying time for you.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

It was. Both of us were treated with antibiotics but I always wondered if something could have been done to prevent it.

One of the best things you can do to prevent infection (both during pregnancy, and when you're not pregnant) is to boost your immune system. A strong immune system can deal with infections better than a weak immune system.

Some of the biggest contributors to a low immune system are:

Poor diet (eating fast food, sodas, lots of crackers, cookies, biscuits, sweets and pasta)
    Not enough high quality rest and sleep
    Emotional stress

If you ever need to boost your immune system (and especially if you get pregnant again) you'll want to be sure you're getting plenty of good rest, drinking plenty of purified water, doing what you can to promote happiness in your life (laughing and singing can help) and eating a high quality diet full of high quality protein (i.e. meat, chicken, fish, eggs), high quality fats, like Coconut Oil, Avocados and Grass-Fed Butter, and eating a lot of fresh vegetables coupled with a small amount of fresh fruits.

Vitamin C is always good to boost the immune system, and you'll want to have your Vitamin D level checked to make sure you're getting enough Vitamin D. If your tests results come back normal, but on the low end of normal, you'll still want to supplement with a high quality Vitamin D3 in order to bring your numbers up to the higher end of the normal range. And I'd take Vitamin K2 with the D3 to help the Vitamin D go to the bones.

Here's a smoothie you can make anytime you need to boost your immune system.

Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it.

My friend has told me that she had also the same problem but she didn't know how to get rid of the vaginal yeast infection till she found out that this is possible using the natural homemade remedies like tea tree oil and garlic which works as a natural antibiotic..She doesn't know the infection caused the birth of a child several weeks earlier or some methods that she used before treating her problem with the drugs that could provoke this.