Unhappy Scary stretch mark

Hi, I'm Briana. I love to wear swimsuit but recently I have seen my sister that her stretch mark is very noticeable -- its really deep, dark and long, which scares me!! I know stretch mark is part of pregnancy. They even say it's not possible to prevent or cure it but can anyone give me some advise on how to minimize stretch marks? any skin care strokes/products/food that can help? any reconstructive surgery suggestion perhaps?

Hi Briana,

Thank you for your question.

I think stretch marks can seem worrying before you give birth but having the perspective of your beautiful baby in your arms can change that. Your body changes in amazing ways to bring your baby into the world. Have a look at the Beautiful Body Book Project. Coconut oil and almond oil is particularly good.

Rubbing oil gently into your tummy and thighs after a shower or bath can help to minimise stretch marks. So can eating a healthy, balanced diet full of fresh fruit and vegetables and exercising at a level that you were comfortable with pre-pregnancy.

Many stretch marks will fade with time or even eventually completely disappear.

With warm wishes,
    LJ

Thank you for your advice about my problem LJ. I'll be buying a-lot of coconut oil and almond oil from now on for sure!

You are welcome and I hope that helps. It can be good for 'perineum massage' too.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Hello,

Any kind of good quality oil will help with stretch marks. Particular favourites which have been previously recommended on the forum include coconut oil, olive oil and almond oil.

Most stretch marks will fade with time and may completely disappear.

It is helpful to think of stretch marks as signs of the beautiful new life your baby has brought to the world. Yes, your body changes in pregnancy but these are positive, life-giving changes.

Warm wishes,
    LJ