Hybrid View

How to get rid of stretch marks

Hi,

I got my stretch marks on the 8th month of my pregnancy. I was told that it won't be removed at all but it should go lighter after sometime. My kid turned two and my stretch marks are long and dark. It is annoying. The worst part is, I can no longer wear my dresses and swim suits.

Is there anything that I can use?

Hi,

The stretch marks may still fade over more time - they can take a number of years to fade.

You could also try rubbing almond oil into them to help soften them.

It is possible to have laser treatment to reduce the stretch marks, but this can be costly.

I like to think of stretch marks as the marks of having a beautiful child - they don't seem so bad after that!

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi,

I agree. My child is the best blessing I got.

I am just a little worried about my hubby. I know he wants me to still look desirable. I will try using almond oil this time.

Thanks.

-Rhiza

They will become much lighter and less noticeable with time. Other than time, I agree with LJ, use a good moisturizing lotion to help improve the appearance. Almond oil and coconut oil are some good, natural options.

-Angela

Thanks LJ and Angela.

Hi Rhiza,

You can also use a high quality olive oil that is not rancid (I keep my olive oil in the refrigerator).

If you are pregnant now or planning to get pregnant again, use oil on your belly from about 2 or 3 months on, in order to keep stretch marks from occurring. Also, be sure to avoid refined sugar (fruit is okay) during your last trimester so that you don't put a lot of weight on quickly. Baby will also be smaller if you avoid sugar in your last trimester, and you will have less chance of developing gestational diabetes. Avoiding sugar during pregnant is a really good thing.

Warm Regards,

Kate