Lightbulb Miscarriage on the 16th month and what next!

Dear All

I am 22 and had the first miscarriage on 16th month of my marriage. I used drugs to clean things off consulting a doctor. After that I am trying to get pregnant but still not getting success. I am also afraid of the repetition of the miscarriage. I want to want why I am not getting pregnant and what cautions should I take to avoid miscarriage again.

Hi Sima,

One of the best ways to avoid miscarriage is to do 3-4 months of preconception care.

It takes 4 months for an egg to fully develop to where it can be fertilized and it takes 4 months for sperm to develop, so doing 4 months of preconception care (for both husband and wife) can benefit the quality of the embryo and can boost your own body's ability to carry a baby.

Having a miscarriage at 3 1/2 months is further along than most people are when they miscarry. Did the doctor know what was the cause of the miscarriage? Did the doctor do an ultrasound and tell you when the baby stopped developing?

The other thing that could be contributing to you not getting pregnant is either the quality of your husband's sperm or that you're not getting your baby making sex timing perfect.

Has your husband's sperm been tested? This is often something they won't do until you've had more than one miscarriage.

And another thing that can be helpful in not only achieving pregnancy, but also in supporting pregnancy is acupuncture. You may want to try to find an acupuncturist in your area.

Here's a good article on how Traditional Chinese Medicine supports fertility.

There are many different things you can do to increase your fertility and lower your risk of future miscarriage. I hope this gives you some ideas.

Warm Regards,

Kate