Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Hi Darissa,

That's so exciting! Be sure to let us know when you find out

~Christie

Hello
    My name is Tina and I am 33 years old. I am pregnant. This is my second pregnancy. The first one was last year 2011 and it ended with a miss miscarriage. I was later told that it was because of a blighted ovum. I have been diagnosed with Poly-cystic Ovaries (PCOS) and I am hypertensive and obese. My General Practitioner prescribed Metfomin to help with my weight which she thought was being caused as a result of me having PCOS.

Prior to being told that I had miscarriage my first baby I woke up the Saturday morning and went to use the bathroom. When I did I realised that I had a pink discharged with little grape like substance in it. I was so scared but since it wasn't blood and did not get any worst I decided to stay in bed the balance of that day and try to keep myself stress free until my first official doctors appointment. This was due to happen in two weeks. However all along I was thinking the worst and thought that it had happen because the night before I was really tired and slept on my stomach.

When I visited the Doctor he did an examination and told me to come in the following week for an ultra sound. It was at that ultra sound that I learnt that my baby had no heart beat and had died at 9 weeks. I was so numb with feeling because at that point I was suppose to be 12 weeks along. I then started to wonder again if it was really my fault if something could have been done if I had just gone to the Doctor when I had that discharge.

The Doctor then told me he had to admit me to hospital and recommend that I get a D and C (Dilation and Curettage. All along I was blaming myself. It wasn't until a week after the D and C that it all hit me full I had lost my baby. I still did not understand the full reason and had not heard the Doctors diagnosis for the lost. It was not until my six weeks check up that it was made clear. After I had done my research I realised that it wasnt my fault.

Since then I am pregnant now for a second time. I have had an ultra sound and seen my baby's heart beating. So cute. But it wasn't always so stress free. Prior to that I had two episodes of spotting which I had no clue what they were because this was a first time experience for me. I was worrying myself and reading about the blighted ovum to see if they was a possibility that it could reoccur. Thank God that I saw a heart beat. Now I am just taking it day by day. I have passed the 9 week mark and hope that everything is still ok. Every month is a milestone for me.

Thanks for giving me an ear.

Tina

Hi Tina,

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you're here and you'll find lots of warm, supportive women to help you along through your pregnancy and into motherhood

Please feel free to post anytime you have a question, or a doubt, or just need some encouragement, as I know that just worrying whether everything is okay can cause unneeded stress.

On this site you'll find some good information on what to eat during pregnancy, and here's a thread in the forums where mums discuss what diet changes they made during pregnancy.

Having PCOS means that you may find yourself actually craving sweets and simple carbohydrates like white bread, muffins, cookies, pasta and white rice. However, these things can cause baby to put on too much weight, in the womb. Your baby will likely be a very good incentive for you to watch your diet so that you can hopefully not gain an excessive amount of weight during your pregnancy.

You'll find lots of help and support here, so feel free to pop in and chat anytime you want.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hi. My name is Luch. A mother of two. I have 9 and 5 yr old kids. I love this kind of forum since it will help me a lot! I will definitely gain so much information or advices from the past experiences I had from trying to conceive, to being pregnant, giving birth and children's development. Wow, it will be a great opportunity to be answered by professionals like you.

Hi all,

My name is Rose, mum to an adorable 1 year old baby girl. Ever since I became a mother, my whole life has changed. There were a lot of times that I stop and ask myself whether I am doing the right thing when it comes to taking care of my daughter. I find forums such as this to be very helpful, especially for first-time mum like me.

Welcome Rose we are very glad to have you here! I think I can safely say that all of us mothers wonder from time to time about the decisions we make and if we did this right or that right... And i think that's just a completely normal part of motherhood x

Welcome Luch, and Rose! Thank you for joining us. I look forward to sharing with you and getting to know you both.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hi, My name is Debbie, I'm a mother of three, with a set of twin boys and a beautiful girl. I am really looking forward to meeting like minded people and sharing with you on this forum.

Hi Debbie! Welcome to PBB

I have twin boys as well and they will be 5 in May. My how the time has flown by!
    How old are your boys? How old is your daughter?
    It's nice to have another twin mum on the boards. I look forward to reading you posts

~Christie

Welcome, Debbie! Thanks for joining us and I look forward to getting to know you.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hi!
    I am Jonalyn, I have 2 cute little boys. One is 2 years old and the youngest is 1. Happy to have found this, surely this would help me with a lot of things.

Hi, I'm 33 years old, I'm in a relationship right now and planning to get married next year. I am just really worried about my irregular menstruation. It could take two to four months absence of menstruation.I am worried if i still have any chances of getting pregnant. I hope i could find some advice to help me cope with my situation.

Welcome Jonalyn and Irregular2periods!

Looking forward to getting to know you both!

Warm regards,

Kate

Hello, My name is jennifer, 24 years old and planning to get married next year. I really do have a lot of questions regarding pregnancy and childbirth to make the experience wonderful for me.

I also have 2 nephew, one just turned 2 years old and one is 3 months old. I love them very much so I want to give my sister in law a lot of great information about parenting that will help her in taking care of them. I am looking forward to read you posts.

Jennifer

Hi,
    My name is Maggie, I'm a mother of a wild and naughty 5 years old daughter. My kid has always been very independent, quite stubborn and difficult to deal with but I love her to bits and do my best to give her space when she needs it and a hug when she needs me. I’ve always wanted to have two kids but I’ve been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and not sure if I would be able to handle another pregnancy and a newborn..
    I find such forums very useful and hope to get some valuable advice here.