Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Hello Everyone,

I am going to be a wife soon and my future husband and I wishes to have a baby by next year. I believe this site would help me a lot in preparing for this new stage in our lives.

I would love to read and hear all your feed backs and experiences regarding motherhood and parenting and hopefully, I may also share my personal take on this future journey to all of you, here.

Cheers to all!
    Last edited by jennifer; 19th May 2012 at 08:17 PM.

Hi everyone! Glad to have found this forum where I could find answers to the questions I have in mind regarding my newborn baby. Actually, it is my second time to be a mum but it feels like it's my first time again since its been years already since I gave birth to my eldest. Both of my kids are born through caesarian section. I was actually a candidate for VBAC on my second pregnancy unfortunately, the ultrasound says its in breech position so I went under caesarian again. Hope you won't get tired answering me if I ask too many questions

Hi everyone! I'm 24 weeks pregnant on my third. I really hope this will be a girl since I already have 2 boys. Though this is my 3rd pregnancy, I believe that there are still a lot to learn about pregnancy and motherhood. And I am sure I'll be learning a lot from this site and from all of you.

Hello ladies! How are you? I'm Eimee, 26 years old and working from home. I don't have a child yet but recently I've been thinking about having one The only thing is my irregular periods. I wish my ob gyn listened to me more, so I can discuss with her my issues and we can work out something. Anyway, I hope I'm in the right place and I eagerly look forward to your insights! Chat soon, ladies!

A warm welcome to all of our new forum members!

katemathews - I'm glad you are enjoying the forums and finding it so helpful. Feel free to visit anytime and ask your questions.

chillgorjus - 2 year olds can be a bit of a challenge at times, so you're definitely in the right place! Looking forward to reading your questions and offering support!

Jennifer - Congratulations on your impending marriage! This is a great time to be thinking about creating a "Baby Friendly Body" - it will help you to be able to conceive more quickly. I look forward to reading your questions and supporting you in your journey of becoming a wife and mother. Here's a good place to start in preparing your body for pregnancy (it will also help to balance your hormones if you are experiencing any irregularity). This article entitled Planning for Pregnancy: Preconception Care shares the first steps in preparing your body for pregnancy, and why you'll want to encourage your husband to join you in preparing his body as well (the quality of both the egg and the sperm determines the health of the baby and can also impact your chances of miscarriage).

NewMumAfter7 - Congratulations on your new baby! We have other forum members who have had a longer spread between children and I'm sure you'll find some helpful information by looking at their questions. I never get tired of answering questions from forum members, so ask away - we're here to support you and encourage you as you parent your children.

Marifi116 - Congratulations on your pregnancy! You're more than half way there! I think you'll learn a lot here because we discuss topics that most women have never even heard of or considered (like selecting your child's vaccines rather than just going with what is recommended for the masses... each child is unique, each area of the world is unique, and so you we like to tailor our vaccine protocol to our specific needs and personal convictions. I hope you'll have a girl too. There are actually things you can do to sway the chances of conceiving a girl and we discuss those here too Maybe, if this one's another boy, you can try for a girl next time

miss.eimee - It's so exciting that you're actually thinking about having a baby. I thought about having a baby for 7 years before my husband was finally ready to try. But it was during the 3 months prior to trying to conceive that I made extra effort to eat well, take some fertility enhancing supplements (my husband did too) and study up on how to not only conceive quickly, but how to sway our chances in the direction of conceiving a girl. Because I had studied and learned a lot ahead of time, we were able to conceive the first month we tried, and I gave birth to a healthy baby girl 9 months later. It's not too early to be thinking about this, and I look forward to answering your questions and sharing with you. (To start, click on the link above so you can learn about planning for pregnancy.)

Looking forward to meeting all of you in the forums.

Warm regards,

Kate

I am currently a mum of 3 boys. They are all one of a kind. I enjoy spending all my time with them. I have been lucky to stay home with them. I look forward to reading some of the forums, and even having my own questions answered.

Hi momof3,

It's nice to have you join us in the forums. Sounds like you're outnumbered - more boys than girls, in your home. So glad you enjoy them so much.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hi everyone great to find such a friendly forum. My name is Charlotte I am 23 and starting to think about starting a family after getting married and would love to get some advise on a few questions I have in this forum.

Hi Charlotte,

A warm welcome to the forums! It's exciting to think about getting married and starting a family. You're in a great place to learn what you need to do now, in order to create a healthy baby later.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. We're here to encourage and support you.

Warm regards,

Kate

Thank you so much Kate. I do look forward to asking multiple questions about my little ones, and sharing multiple stories about them.

Hello everyone,
    Great to know about this forum,I'm Sara,me and my husband live a healthy lifestyle since we got married 2 years ago.We already have plans to have our first born.My concern is about gestational diabetes.My older sister had it during her pregnancy,and my mother also had it during her pregnancy with my youngest brother.My question is gestational diabetes hereditary?And if not,what are the factors that can trigger it and how can it be avoided.
    I am so happy to find this forum and would really look forward to have a reply from you.

Hi mamasara,

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you as a member here.

There is a previous thread here about preventing diabetes in pregnancy which I thought you might find helpful.

To answer your question, you are unfortunately more likely to develop gestational diabetes if there is a family history of diabetes. It is also more likely if your BMI (body mass index) is above 30. Eating a healthy, balanced diet and keeping sugary food and drink (even while you are trying to conceive) to a minimum can help to prevent gestational diabetes. There is some more information on Understanding Gestational Diabetes here.

I wish you and your husband a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Please post back if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,

LJ

Hey, I am Mary and work as Associate Law Professor with Perry, Bundy, Plyler, Long & Cox, L.LP. I don't have any child. I am just crawling from here so joined this forum. And I think you did a great job it really would be a great source for all.

Hi Mary,

Welcome to the forums! We support women of all ages and in all stages of life, focusing on women's health and family relationships.

Looking forward to seeing you in the forums.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hi,

My name is Keith, I am an independent mother working alone to raise my 4-year old child. I worked away from home since I gave birth and I just recently thought about working online to spend more time with my son. He will be going to school as a nursery this coming June and I want to literally look after him. I never had a chance to lull him to sleep until last month, when I resigned as call center agent with a night shift for straight 5 years. I hope to seek some advices on how I to make my child happy in a healthy way. I dont want him to grow up as a spoiled brat.