Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Introduce yourself

If you are new why don't you introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you.

I'll go first. I'm aussiemidwife, the creator and one of the administrator of this forum. I really excited about this forum. I see it being a wonderful place to gain information and support on natural birthing and gentle parenting. I am the mother of the three children and grandmother of 1. My first son was born after a horrible experience in a hospital. It was this experience that inspired me to become a midwife and try to change the experience of women giving birth. I had two more children after becoming midwife and they were born at home - in a peaceful loving environment. My first son is now 20 and recently became a dad. His son was also born at home (my home which was fantastic). My second son is now 9 and my daughter is 6. I lead a very busy, but fulfilling life.

I am looking forward to reading about you.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Administrator
    Hi there! My 4 month old daughter was born at home in the water, with my husband and two wonderful midwives present. Looking forward to the forum taking off over coming months!

Administrator
    Welcome to the forum - I too am looking forward to the forum taking off.
    Hidden Content

Hi Jane and everyone, Great to see this forum up! I have had all 3 girls at home, waterbirths with the wonderful Jane (palmer), and Myra Parsons (now retired).

Administrator
    Welcome Nerrida - I am hoping this forum will be a great resource
    Hidden Content

Hi All,

Just passing, thought I'd drop in and have a chat.

I'm a midwife and mother of 3 beautiful children, all born at home.

Hi all, looking forward to some stimulating conversation around birthing.

Edana

Administrator
    Welcome Edana - I hope you enjoy our forum
    Hidden Content

Thumbs up

Hi all, my name is Lisa, I am a mumma of 2, DD-4 was born in a hospital, my DS-1 was born at home I am also a midwife looking forward to the forum taking off and being a great resource, complementing my journey of mummahood

Well done Jane and team, the forum and website looks fantastic, the shop is awesome

Administrator
    Hi Lisa - Welcome to the forum. 2011 looks like being a great year for getting the forum running full steam ahead. Already over the last couple of weeks the number of new members and posts has grown substantially. It will be great having you participate in the forum.
    Hidden Content

Hi!

I'm Elissa. I'm about 39 weeks along with my third child. I have two girls, 3 years and 22 months, who were both born by caesarean. As I found these to be quite negative experiences, I've been inspired to plan this birth at home with Jane Palmer. So far it has already been an enlightening experience. I'm looking forward to this birth, in which ever road it chooses to take, because of the support and guidance I've been given.

Administrator
    Welcome Elissa - it is great to see you on this forum. We'd love you to share experiences, ask questions and encourage others to join.
    Hidden Content

Hi all,

My name's Ellen and I'm in my third of Bach of Midwifery at ACU in Melbourne.

I'm looking for pregnant women to follow through their pregnancies and support them in the journey from pregnancy to parenting!

I live in the northern suburbs but I'm happy to travel.

Please let me know if you're interested! My email address is ellenstephanie@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you!!
    Ellen.

Administrator
    Hi Ellen - Welcome to the forum. Good luck finishing off your Bachelor of Midwifery course. We'd love for you to participate on this forum.
    Hidden Content

Hi all!

I'm a 29yo mental health nurse, currently living in country NSW, but moving to country Vic shortly. I'm currently 11wks pregnanct with number one and have learnt a HEAP already and there is more to come! I am particularly interested in trying to keep my birth process natural, unfortunately there isn't an option of a local birth centre so I will be using the hospital as my home will be somewhat 30 minutes from it, but hoping to find enough support and courage to stay at home as long as possible. Would like to find a midwife and I think I just found a student Doula who may be happy to support me aswell. I will be enrolling in a calm birth course down the track as hoping to be as prepared as I can. I'm excited (and nervous) about the birth process!

PS - Everything I am learning is making me consider further studies into Midwifery! Lets just get through this first though!

Administrator
    Welcome Shakenbake - a big congratulations on your pregnancy. It is a shame that there are not more birth options in rural areas. Finding a midwife to support you would be ideal - you could try to find one in the Find a Practitioner Search. Maternity Coalition also lists midwives. Good luck with your search.

By the way midwifery is a fantastic profession.
    Hidden Content