Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Welcome Kestrel and momikatie to our forum. I will look forward to reading your posts. It would be wonderful Kestrel when you've finished reading both you books (which sound intriguing) if you could post what you thought of them.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

My Introduction

Hello! My name is Christie and I am Mum to 4 year old twin boys. Now my husband and I are considering having a third child. I'm a little nervous because I am almost 40 but something tells me that we really need to discuss and think about it. When I had my boys I was told that I should just plan on having a c-section but I had a wonderful doctor at the time who did not want me to have a c-section unless my safety or my babies' safety was a risk. I was thrilled that boys cooperated and I didn't need to have one. I was able to breastfeed my babies for a couple of months -- but not as long as I had hoped.

This time around I am considering using a midwife and possibly giving birth at home, something I didn't think I could do while expecting twins. I'd also like to be able to breastfeed longer this time around. There is also a very real possibility that I could become pregnant with twins again. I'd like to learn more about midwifery as it relates to parents of multiples -- but I can ask about that in another section of the forum.

Another thing that drew me to this site was the parenting information. I am really interested in learning more about gentle parenting techniques, among other things.

I look forward to connecting with you all. This looks like a fantastic resource for mums!

Cheers!

Christie
    Last edited by DoubleSunshine; 12th January 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Hi Christie and welcome to the forum! My name is Jessica and I am a mum to four beautiful children. You will find a lot of wonderful information and support here, whether you are looking for help with breastfeeding, birth, or gentle parenting. I look forward to reading more posts from you.

Thanks for welcoming me Jessica! I look forward to reading your posts too!

Hello welcome to the forum. I hope that you find all of your answers here and I cannot wait to read your posts. Nice to meet you.

Thank you Lucky! I look forward to getting to know everyone here and reading your posts as well. As I have quickly discovered, these forums - and the entire website - are a fantastic resource for all mums!!!

Welcome Christie!

Hi Christie,

I conceived my 5th baby when I was 40, and gave birth to her exactly 1 month before my 41st birthday. After that I had 2 very early miscarriage. If I hadn't had extra sensitive pregnancy tests I never would have known I was pregnant.

When a woman hits 40, her chances of conceiving are about 5%. This is the "average" and some people have a higher chance and others a lower chance, but I'd encourage you to start trying right away if you think you'd like another little one. Pay close attention to your luteal phase as low progesterone during the second half of the menstrual cycle is a large cause of miscarriage for women in their 40's.

If you have any questions or concerns about conceiving in your 40's and/or having a homebirth with your next baby please join me in the TTC in your 40's thread.

Thank you so much Kate. I really value your advice! I had a difficult time conceiving my boys, so I was worried that I may have difficulty this time as well. Still unsure if I want to jump on that rollercoaster of emotions again. I'm not quite 40 yet, I'll be 38 this month but I can see that this is something my husband and I really need to decide on soon. I look forward to reading more of your posts and I'll be sure to let you know if I have any questions. Thanks again!

Hi DoubleSunshine! Welcome to the forum! I am new here as well. Looking forward to communicating with you and the rest of the mothers here. Sharing tips and advices for successful parenting. :-)

mum to many

hi...my name is Gerri & i am mum to 8 gorgeous ferals. We have 6 boys & 2 girls aged from 16yrs down to 10mths. we are expecting bub#9 in august. I have had 3 vaginal births, 4 c/s & a successful VBA4C. I am looking forward to another vaginal birth this time & am considering a water birth.

Welcome Gerri, so happy to see you in the forums! A mother of 9, that is just awesome! When is your baby due?

I look forward to learning more about your pregnancy, birth and parenting experiences!

Warm regards,

Kate

Administrator
    It is fantastic to see you on the forum. You must have so much experience to share with giving birth 8 times (and soon to be 9). I can't wait to read your posts.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Good afternoon!

I am Ceara, and am currently pregnant with my first child. I am 19 going on 20 and both the father of the baby and I are extremely new to this phase.

The nurse estimated I am about 11 weeks in and, let me just say... the morning sickness is ridiculous!

I look forward to gaining experience from the conversations and questions to be asked on this forum.

Thank you, ladies!

Hi Ceara,

It's wonderful to have a "new mom" on the forums. Though you haven't met your child yet, you are already nurturing him or or, which is what mothering is all about!

Feel free to post any questions you may have. Morning sickness can be rough (I had it with all 5 of my pregnancies) but there are lots of things you can try and you'll often find something that makes it a bit easier.

Warm regards,

Kate

I am 22 years old, and I am a new first time mom, my Son is 18-days-old today (born 13/1/2012). I know it sounds crazy but he is already growing up too fast. All of this is so new to me and extremely exciting, these first few weeks haven't been too bad (actually they have been absolutely amazing) but I know I am walking into a world of the unknown and I am sure eventually I will hit a roadblock. I am excited to be apart of this forum: ready the learn from other mums and hopefully, even give some insight as I journey through my experiences as a mother!
    Last edited by andee1924; 2nd February 2012 at 01:28 PM.