Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Hello,
    I am a mum of 3 and I have been faced with quite a few challenges in this past year. I have two daughters, 8 and 10 years old, and a premature son who is now 8 months old. I had a very challenging pregnancy and now I am having a little bit of difficulty trying to learn what it is to be a parent of a preterm baby.

Hi,

I'm Kaila, 21 years old and a new Mum. I delivered my first born child last July 31 and my experience was exhausting. At first, my husband and I were trying to have a baby but we found out that I have a PCOS. The OB said that I'll be having a difficulty to become pregnant. But thanks to God because after few months of trying, I became pregnant to a baby boy. I tried to deliver him normally but his heartbeat goes down. That's why the doctor decided to do an emergency CS. Now, my baby is 4 months old and is very healthy. I am new mum and I know that this forum can help me a lot regarding my questions and experiences being a mum.

Hi everyone,

I am a mother of an 11-month old baby boy. Right now, I am also pregnant - on my second trisemester now. My previous experience with the delivery is quite frightening. Being new to pregnancy and stuff might have something to do with it. So on my second pregnancy, I try to be relax about it and prepare myself more. The most important thing is that the baby is healthy and well. Can't wait to see him/her soon.

Hi all,

My name is Siny. I am a work from home mother. I have 2 girls, aged three and one years old. I am looking forward for conversations and discussions with regard to parenting.

Welcome to the forums!

Jen - How early was your son born and how long was he in the hospital before you were able to take him home? I had a friend who had a baby 2 months early and though he was very small when he was born, he put weight on quickly once home and ended up being a very large baby with no developmental delays.

I know this is not typical and it will be interesting to learn more about your premie.

Kaila - your story of being diagnosed with PCOS and then having a baby will be such a huge encouragement to so many women who have PCOS. I'm sorry to hear that baby's heart tones dropped and an emergency C-Section was performed. I'm sure this made your birth experience more traumatic and your healing process much longer as well.

Good news is your next birth doesn't have to be a repeat of the first :-) Much of your experience will depend upon the caregiver you choose (i.e. midwife, doctor, etc.) and how well your baby is positioned which you can actually play a part in. Knowledge is empowering and you'll learn a lot here. Looking forward to answering your questions as you care for your baby.

Winda - Congratulations on your pregnancy! So sorry to hear that your first delivery was frightening. As I mentioned to Kaila above, your second can be much different and you're in a wonderful place to learn about your options and how you can help the outcome of your second birth to be all that you want it to be.

Siny - I'll bet your girls enjoy playing with each other. My first two children were 19 months apart and they have always been best friends (they are in college now). My youngest two are both girls and they are 3 years apart and are best friends. As your youngest grows a little older your 2 year old will be able to play with her more.

Hope you will all pop in periodically to say "hi" and post your questions. We look forward to getting to know you.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hello Kate - My son was born at 32 weeks and 1 day by c-section due to my preeclempsia. He was in the hospital for almost 2 months.He did not do well with ccordinatung breathing and eating. He stayed quite small for quite some time and even though he is almost 9 months, he is barely going to be wearing a 6 month size in clothing.

Jen

Hi Kate,

Thanks for welcoming me into this forum. My younger daughter has started getting more responsive to her elder sister. They have started playing together, but not for much of a duration. It's really nice to see both of them bonding.

Hi! My name is Kylie and I am 28 years of age. I found this amazing website and I am very happy. I want to learn and have friends who would be able to help me with my struggles. Hope we can be friends =)

Hi there!

I'm Jane and I hope to find answers to my questions. I've been through a lot with my youngest son. Had to be very strong at most of the time. I wanted to know if there are other moms out there who has the same dilemma as I do when it comes to parenting and child upbringing. Hope to find what I'm looking for.

Hi Kylie and lil_mom Jane,

Welcome to the forums! I'm looking forward to reading your posts!

These forums are owned by our resident midwife, Jane, so I'll likely address lil_mom Jane as lil_mom just to help differentiate whom I am addressing.

I had a time when I had to be very strong right after my 3rd baby was born. He was born with a congenital heart defect and had open heart surgery when he was just 2 1/2 months old. We mums are so very strong when we need to be.

Looking forward to getting to know you both.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hi Jane, it's Jacie. I'm keen to find attachment parenting groups in my area for play and social interaction. I cant make your Thursday ones, do you know of any others?

Thank you Kate! It's so nice to be here.

Hello everyone

My name is Brandi. I am a mother to one two year old son. I am looking forward to trying to conceive another child within a year, but I have to get my husband on board as well. I am also looking into maybe being a gestational carrier for my sister-in-law. With that being said, hello to everyone and I look forward to talking to everyone!
    Last edited by momofone; 5th January 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to the forums! It took me 7 years to get my husband on board with having baby number one, so I understand the challenge.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hi everyone! I am Bridget and mum to a 14 month-old daughter, Natalie. I am hoping to have more children in the future...waiting for the right time to try to conceive again.
    Last edited by NataliesMum; 6th January 2013 at 04:45 AM.