Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Hi Arlene, Jane, and Kelli ~

Welcome to the forums! It's wonderful to have you here. I'm sure you will find lots of good information, and we have some wonderful mums who are very helpful so feel free to ask your questions as they arise.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Thank you!

HI, I am planning to give birth at home in my next pregnancy...hoping I could find a midwife I can trust.

I completely agree xylumictin.

In labour, a woman needs to be fully supported and treated with the upmost respect by a midwife that the woman trusts and can put her faith in. Labour progresses most quickly and smoothly when a woman is able to 'go within herself' and 'turn off' the conscious part of the brain and breathe through the surges (contractions).

If a woman starts to feel uncomfortable with the other people attending the birth then the conscious portion of the brain is 'turned on' again and the woman will experience an increase in adrenaline. This is the 'fight or flight' hormone and since 'flight' (i.e. removing oneself quickly from the situation) is generally not possible in established labour; the woman's body goes into 'fight' mode. Her body will tense up and the surges will be less effective, take longer to achieve dilation and she may start to experience them as intense pain rather than mainly pressure.

Carefully planned birth attendants (including a birth partner, doula if wanted and midwife/ other medical staff) can make all the difference to this vitally important time.

Warm wishes,

LJ

Hey everyone,

My name's Schez and I'm a recent mummy of a beautiful baby boy. He's four months old now and the love of my life. I'm a stay at home mum and sometimes it can get overwhelming, so I decided to join this forum so I can share experiences with other mums about this amazing thing called motherhood. I think this is great!

Schez

Hi, I am happy to be here.

Hi, my name is Jess and I am thinking of starting a family after having had some measure of success in my career. As such, I am approaching 40 and may have some conception issues. I am just looking for some advice.

Hi Jess and hi Schez! Welcome to you both! I hope you both find the forum helpful, informative and friendly.

I look forward to sharing pregnancy and parenting stories with you here.

Best wishes,

LJ

Excited new member!

Hi I'm Suezzy,

I am 25 and I'm getting married soon. I am so excited to be a member here, because it talks about building your family.

Thank you, LJ.

Hi Suezzy - a warm welcome to this forum! Congratulations on your engagement! I hope you find the forum interested and informative. We look forward to reading your posts.

LJ

Hi LJ! ^_^

Thank you and I do find the forum very interesting and informative actually.

Suezzy

Hi, my name is Nicole I'm very excited to be a member of this site. I find lots of posts useful. I have a young daughter of one year old and every day this challenges me with new questions regarding parenting.

Warm regards,
    Nicole

Good Day. My name is Jhoan Mae Labog. I am a mother of 2 girls (eldest is 4yrs old and the next is 2yrs old) both via ceasarian section. I hope I don't make a bad impression of myself by saying that. But my OB did her best to have me under normal delivery to no avail. I am a working mum.

Hi Nicole and Jhoan

Welcome to the forum! I have two daughters aged almost 9 and 2.5 years. The first was born at home in water. The second was a planned homebirth which ended in an emergency cesarean.

Nicole, parenting is so rewarding yet so amazingly challenging isn't it? As a self-employed single mother of two I know all too well just how hard keeping the balls in the air can be!

Jhoan I can tell by your comments that you have either been judged for your medicalised births or else are concerned you will be. Let me assure you, you will not be judged here! We all have our stories and for many of us there have been births which despite our greatest hopes and best intentions, simply did not pan out the way we planned. My second daughter is a classic example of this.

This forum is intended to be both a source of information and support. There are many here still healing after traumatic births and many who are keen to share their stories and advice to benefit others.

Nicole and Jhoan I hope you find this forum of great benefit and hope to hear more of your stories in the future!
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content