Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Hi! Im Lorraine, Loann for short, 32 years of age. I'm a single parent with a 6 years old son with mild autism. Living with autism is hard during the first 2 years of my son. At first I thought during his first 2 years it is just normal that he is just a hyper kid. Always plays by himself, no eye contact, love lining up toys, etc. But He is now have therapy like ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) Therapy. And I have happy for the results. Although of course there's a lot of struggles but I was able to make it.

Hope I can give good advice to you guys!

Thanks

Hi everybody!

Hi, I'm Georgia and I'm 35. I have a longtime boyfriend and we want to have a baby. He already is a wonderful father of a beautiful girl (from a previous marriage) and he'd like a boy this time.
    I love children and I want at least one of my own.
    Hope I'll find some answers here.
    Thank you!

Hi Adinda,

Welcome to the forums! Two year olds are lots of fun and the "terrible twos" can be avoided with firm, loving, consistent discipline. None of my children went through the "terrible twos". I enjoyed breastfeeding 4 of them into their twos which may also have helped with this.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Dear Loann and Georgia,

Welcome to you both to our forum! I hope you find it to be a supportive, interesting and caring community.

Loann you sound like a wonderful mum. It sounds like you have a lot of experience to offer us here, particularly about mild autism. I look forward to getting to know you better on here.

Georgia - we are here to support you with information and time as you start out on your pregnancy journey.

Warm wishes to you both,
    LJ

Quote Originally Posted by 5Homebirths4Kate View Post
    Hi Adinda,

Welcome to the forums! Two year olds are lots of fun and the "terrible twos" can be avoided with firm, loving, consistent discipline. None of my children went through the "terrible twos". I enjoyed breastfeeding 4 of them into their twos which may also have helped with this.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Warm Regards,
    Kate
    Thank you Kate

Thank you, LJ!

Hi!

My name is Martine and I have just given birth to my baby boy this Oct 26th through C-section. I am 20 years old and I am looking forward to learning from all you other mums!

Hi Martine,

Welcome to the forum and a huge congratulations to you on the birth of your baby boy!

How are you feeling? There is so much to get used to with a new baby; it can feel quite overwhelming at first. Was your c-section planned or was it an emergency c-section? How are you feeling about the birth?

I have two boys aged 1 and almost 3 and I am passionate about parenting with a gentle style.

I look forward to reading your other posts.
    Best wishes,
    LJ

Thank you for your warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post
    Hi Martine,

Welcome to the forum and a huge congratulations to you on the birth of your baby boy!

How are you feeling? There is so much to get used to with a new baby; it can feel quite overwhelming at first. Was your c-section planned or was it an emergency c-section? How are you feeling about the birth?

I have two boys aged 1 and almost 3 and I am passionate about parenting with a gentle style.

I look forward to reading your other posts.
    Best wishes,
    LJ
    Hello, LJ!

Thank you so much for your warm welcome! Well, I have been feeling much better recently. My stitches have partially healed and they do not hurt as much anymore. My c-section was actually unplanned and caught us by surprise. My OB pushed my limits for normal delivery but ended up with a c-section due to complications with my baby's heartbeat. I was terrified at first, but when I saw my baby, all that just faded away. I never thought seeing my baby for the first time would bring such mixed emotions, that I teared up while I was still at the operating table.

I need quite a lot of advice, I am looking forward to your replies to my posts!

Thank you in advance,
    Martine

First time mum

Hi, I am a first time mum to a beautiful baby girl. She is 3 months old already. I am looking forward to interacting with and learning from you all here.

Hi MUMtoZOE

Welcome to the forum and a belated congratulations on the birth of your little girl! I look forward to getting to know you a little better.

Regards
    Yvette
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

Dear Martine,

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear that you are healing well from your c-section.

It's just incredible seeing your baby for the first time isn't it? Amazing. I hope you are also able to emotionally heal from any remaining trauma left after the stress of your birth. Does your hospital have an 'after thoughts' process where you can talk through what happened and come to terms with it?

You are doing a wonderful job at being all your baby boy needs.
    Warm wishes,
    LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shakenbake View Post
    Hi all!

I'm a 29yo mental health nurse, currently living in country NSW, but moving to country Vic shortly. I'm currently 11wks pregnanct with number one and have learnt a HEAP already and there is more to come! I am particularly interested in trying to keep my birth process natural, unfortunately there isn't an option of a local birth centre so I will be using the hospital as my home will be somewhat 30 minutes from it, but hoping to find enough support and courage to stay at home as long as possible. Would like to find a midwife and I think I just found a student Doula who may be happy to support me aswell. I will be enrolling in a calm birth course down the track as hoping to be as prepared as I can. I'm excited (and nervous) about the birth process!

PS - Everything I am learning is making me consider further studies into Midwifery! Lets just get through this first though!
    Hi Shakenbake,

Welcome to the forum, hope everything will be ok with you and your soon to be born bub, if you have questions and suggestions, just don't hesitate to post and reply here.

God bless,

Loanngab

Hi all, my husband and I are ready to have a baby. I feel like I was born ready. We are in the process of trying and hope it will happen for us soon. I of course have a million questions and particularly love online forums where I can search and reaserch. Looking forward to finding out all I need through this journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanting2bamummy View Post
    Hi all, my husband and I are ready to have a baby. I feel like I was born ready. We are in the process of trying and hope it will happen for us soon. I of course have a million questions and particularly love online forums where I can search and reaserch. Looking forward to finding out all I need through this journey.
    Hi Wanting2bamummy

A bit like you I was 'born ready.' I have two girls aged just 9 and almost 3. I look forward to hearing more about your journey (and some happy news soon!)

Regards
    Yvette
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content