Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Thanks LJ. This will be a big help for me as a mother.

Hi! I'm jellyace. 33 years of age. Married for two years and a half and got pregnant twice but they both didn't complete the pregnancy period. Is there a relation in my case of miscarriage that my husband has hernia that's why the result is always blighted ovum?

Hello to our newest forum members David and jellyace!

David - a warm welcome to our forum. I look forward to reading your posts and sharing our parenting experiences here.

Jellyace - I'm so very sorry to hear of your two pregnancy losses. You have my thoughts. I personally know how difficult it is to experience a loss early in pregnancy. It's actually extremely rare to experience two blighted ovums so I'm so sorry to hear this. Were both pregnancies confirmed by a doctor to be a blighted ovum rather than a 'straightforward' miscarriage? A blighted ovum is where an egg is fertilised but does not develop into a baby (i.e. it does not develop into an embryo).

Generally speaking, a hernia in a man should not cause you problems conceiving. Indeed, a hernia in a man would not cause you to have a blighted ovum. Sometimes if a man has had a hernia repair operation that can cause problems with the sperm pathway becoming blocked but again would not make a blighted ovum more likely (in this case it may mean it is harder to conceive at all). You could have your husband's fertility tested just to rule this out to be on the safe side.

I will reply to your other posts about conception in more detail jellyace.

Warm wishes to both of you,
    LJ

thanks for all your advised LJ.

You are very welcome jellyace. I hope you are able to conceive very soon.

Best wishes,
    LJ

Hi everyone,
    I'm Tess, I am a mum of 4 (almost 7yo, 4yo, 3yo & 17mths).
    I've been meaning to join this forum for a while, ever since my birth story & video were featured (breech vbac).

I love birth, am a birth junkie, and birth activist as well as an aspiring doula (one day I'll get around to completing that course!). I'm also a huge supporter of breastfeeding, and am currently tandem-nursing my two youngest girls.

I'm not usually good at forums, tend to read rather than post, but hopefully I'll manage to post when I can. Look forward to getting to know you all & sharing my parenting experiences.

Tess

Nice to meet you Tess Where's your birth video at? I'd like to have a look
    R, mama to M (8), Z (5.5), and bellybabe due Jan 2014

Thank you.
    It's in the birth article page on the main site here, under breech birth.

Otherwise here's my birth story with video at the bottom. Warning though, it is graphic (but then it is a birth, ha!)
    https://lactasticmamachatterings.wor...emi-july-2012/

Hi Tess,

Welcome to the forum - I've already been enjoying your posts hugely.

'Birth junkie' made me laugh - I think I may be turning into one of those

Thanks so much for sharing your fourth birth story - wonderful to see a vaginal breech birth and I'm very sorry to hear your felt pressured into having a c-section with your third baby. I'm sure that your birth story will help to spread sound birthing information and encourage women on our forum with your positive birth story.

Thank you,

LJ

Thanks LJ!

You're welcome, I'm so happy I can inspire others with my birth & breastfeeding experiences. Vaginal breech birth needs to become a normal thing, which is why I decided to share my video & story, to show that is CAN be done.

I'm singlemom and thankful to be here

Hello everybody! It is nice to be a member here.
    I am singlemom. A mother of a 6year old son and a 2year old daughter.
    It is great to know that a website exist for us women to gain knowledge about pregnancy, motherhood and things or questions we want answers to, that we are embarrassed to ask others about it in fear that they won't understand us. I am a nurse but haven't been in a hospital duty since I gave birth to my son. And I still lack knowledge about motherhood since you can only learn about it through experience and hearing about it through others experiences. And I'm really thankful for aussiemidwife for creating this website.

Hello everyone! I'm so glad to be here. I have two boys, a toddler (who's two years old) and a newborn (two months old). I would love to learn more about parenting and breastfeeding.

Dear Singlemom and Mom Me,

A huge welcome to you both to our forum! It is great to have you both join us.

I hope you find us to be a supportive, informative and friendly community and I look forward to reading your posts.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Thank you LJ! I'm really happy to be part of the forum. I've already posted a few questions and I'm excited to read the replies.

Thank you so much LJ for welcoming us..
    Indeed you are very supportive, informative and very friendly..
    Thank you so much for your help.