Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Hi Jess

Welcome to the forum! My second daughter was born five days after I turned 40. She was conceived through IVF due to life-long infertility (not my age). There certainly are challenges in conceiving at 40 which are less evident in the 20s and 30s. You might like to read this article on the topic: Older Mothers: the good, the bad and the ugly! (npt a very flattering title!)

I remember going for my booking visit at the hospital for my second baby and commenting to the midwife that at 39 I must be one of their oldest mothers. The nurse laughed at me and told me to have a better look at the women in the waiting room. On the way out I did and realised that the vast majority of women there were not much younger than me, many were my age and some looked older!

One very important point that I can't make strongly enough to you is the value of preconception care. You might like to read this article: Planning for Pregnancy: Preconception Care

Again welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by Mumof2IVFmiracles; 23rd August 2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

Hi Mumof2IVFmiracles,

Thank you! I already do find this forum very useful and encouraging

Hi

I am cristel and i am a first time mum. I would like to ask questions to the experts in these forums so i will know what to do about the things that confused me. Thanks a lot! GOdbless

Hi Cristel,

Welcome to the forum! I can remember what it felt like when I first became a mum - I felt daunted (even though I had worked as a health professional with children for some years) and more responsible than I had ever felt before in my life. I still feel that responsibility now but I have learnt to follow my children's needs and trust my instincts.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Best wishes,

LJ

Vasia's Introduction

Hello everyone,
    My name is Vasia and I'm a mother of two boys, one is three years old and the other is ten months. I am also six months pregnant with twins. I'm looking forward to all the great resources and conversations I will have.

So excited to learn new things

Hi! My name Shiella, 29 years of age and a mother of 2 wonderful kids.
    Last edited by shie84; 28th August 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Welcome to the forum Vasia and Shiella,

Vasia - your family sound amazing. I also have a 10 month old boy as well as a two year old. You must be very excited that you are expecting twins - congratulations. We look forward to supporting you, and hearing your stories, here on the forum.

Thank you for your lovely introduction Shiella - I think it is great when mums communicate just how wonderful they think their kids are.

Warm wishes,

LJ

Thank you so much for the warm welcome ljmarsden

Hi! I'm a 25 year old, my fiance and I who is also 25 really want to get pregnant anytime now but no later than our wedding which is next year. I'm really looking forward to the support and experience this site has to offer.

Hi hopetobeamum2013,

Welcome to our forum. What a great member name you have chosen! We look forward to reading your posts and supporting you on the journey to parenthood.

Warm wishes,

LJ

Hi ljmarsden,

Thank you so much. I look forward to posting and your support I know this is going to be a wonderful journey no matter the what!

Warm wishes,

hope

Hello, everyone.

I am Jessa Nova and I am a mother of one. I would like to ask help and guidance on how to take care and teach properly my child?.

Thanks. Hope to learn new things here.
    Last edited by assej318; 4th September 2013 at 11:04 AM.

new and excited to be here.,.

Hi, I'm Sheryl.
    I'm planning to have a baby sooner and I have some few questions or curiosity about parenting.

Red face Hi... :) I'm a new mom :)

Hi! I'm Kristel , 20 yrs. old and has a 16 days old baby as of today =)

thanks.,. well, how does it feel?