When is the best time to give mashed fruits to baby?

My son is now 4 months old. I want to know if when is the best time to introduce mashed fruits to him. Is it fine to give him as early as 4 months?

Hi,

The World Health Organisation's current advice is to start offering babies food at 6 months of age. Unless there is a specific reason that your health care professional gives you, it is best for your baby to have only milk for the first 6 months of life.

Have you read Baby Led Weaning? This is a different approach to weaning a baby that focusses on the fun aspect of food and babies learning to enjoy food as they develop. I can recommend this method - once your baby is 6 months old you start offering them a wide variety of healthy solid food (avocado, broccoli, tomatoes, bread, strawberries, steamed chicken etc). There is no need for purees just handy chunks your baby can learn to chew on.

If you would prefer to give your baby mashed foods/purees then it is still best to wait until 6 months of age.

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi LJ,

Thank you so much. I'll just wait for my baby when he is 6 months to give solid food. Thanks a lot.