Queasiness - will it go away?

Hi,

I am on my second pregnancy. And it feels so different with my first one.
    When I have my first baby, I did feel horribly dizzy at night but never nauseous enough to make me hurl.
    This one, at first I didn't even realize that I'm pregnant until my husband reminded me about my menstruation schedule.
    So, during the first two months I felt like I'm not pregnant at all. Not even bloating.

I start feeling dizzy and queasy on month three of pregnancy. Enough to make me vomit sometimes. Is this still a normal thing?

Hi Winda,

If you have confirmed your pregnancy and you definitely are in your second trimester, then I'd say that you're experiencing very normal morning sickness signs, even though it makes you throw up at times. Odd that you didn't have them the first trimester but if you're experiencing more stress now, or eating more sugar/simple carbs, fast food type things, and not exercising much, then your liver may be more congested.

You may want to try squeezing 1/2 of a lemon into a glass of water in the morning (try to drink purified water to take more stress off your liver) and you can even sip lemon water throughout the day if it makes you feel better. This really worked for me during one of my pregnancies. It is cleansing to the body.

Also, try to exercise every day, even if it's just getting out and taking a walk around the block. This can help the nausea to go away too.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Dear Kate,

Yes, I do wonder about it too. But if I have to analyze, I guess it's fatigue. I haven't have a good night sleep since the baby was born. Still working out on how to make him sleep through the night without waking up for milk.

Pregnancy is fine, I think. I do a bit of walking and stretching. Drinking ginger water whenever I feel queasy. I'm scheduled for an USG on 5th of January. I hope everything's fine.

Thanks for the advice.

Merry Chrismast!!

Hi Winda,

Not getting enough rest puts stress on the body so I would encourage you to nap whenever your baby naps or at least lay down and rest for a few minutes. Just taking a few minutes to rest whenever baby naps will be helpful, and if you're afraid to lie down because you might fall asleep, that's a sign that you really need that sleep!

If your baby sleeps with you, I would encourage you to put him on the other side of your husband so that he is not right next to you. If baby wakes up, daddy can tell him that Mama needs her sleep and your husband can try to get him to go back to sleep. I would even tell him that if he isn't quiet (or doesn't stop crying) that he will have to sleep by himself in another room (and have an area in another room for him to sleep - if you don't have a cot, then you could just make a little bed for him on the floor.

I can give you more help if I know what your sleeping arrangement is. If you only have your bedroom for the three of you, then you could make a little bed of his own on the floor and try to get him to take his naps (and eventually go to bed) there. If he's close to you, he will smell your milk. If you wear a very thick sweater or if he is not next to you, then there's less of a chance that he will wake up for milk.

Another thing you can do is make sure he is getting some protein before going to bed. A scrambled egg can help his little tummy feel full longer at night.

What's most important is that you get enough quality sleep while you are pregnant.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hi Kate,

My baby still sleeps with me. I have to admit that I like to keep him close to me
    Giving him some protein sounds like a good idea. I will try that.
    Thanks for the advice.

Happy New Year!!

Best Regards,
    Winda