How can you tell your baby is allergic to formula?

Hi,

How can you tell that your baby is allergic to formula? I already consult to my pediatrics about it, explaining the symptoms and he said that my baby should drink soy formula instead. That I did.

The symptoms he has (that I noticed) are vomiting, a bit of rash on his neck and white tongue. He also easily catches cold, despite the fact I nursed him exclusively for the first three months.

The thing is, my friends comment that maybe I should just change the brand and not go directly using soy formula.
    Any suggestions?

There are many alternatives that are safer and healthier than soy. Soy is a full of artificial hormones and most all soy is genetically modified. Did your babies symptoms persist after switching to soy? There are sensitive formulas as well as formulas that lack milk protein. Other options that you may want to explore include acquiring donor breastmilk for your baby or trying to relactate.

The vomit stops for sure. But the rash and the white on his tongue, I might have to wait on it and see.
    If the conditions are still the same, I won't use soy anymore.
    There is one brand of milk my friend suggested, her kid is the same as mine. After using this brand, he rarely sick anymore. I might try that one if soy doesn't work. Thanks