Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Exclamation Contraceptive pills and my infertility

I am 22 years of age and I used contraceptive pills during the first 6 months of my marriage. But after that we used condoms and left that too after 1 year. In the fourteenth month of our marriage, I got pregnant but unfortunately in the eighteenth month, I got miscarriage. Now I am in the 26th month of our marriage but still struggling to get pregnant. We also try between the important times of the cycle, the middle 10 days as I know this is the best time to get pregnant. What should else I can do! I am looking for suggestions from those who suffered from the same problem but got pregnant successfully later on.

Hi Sima,

It will help me to know more about your fertility if you can answer a few questions.

- How tall are you?
    - How much do you weigh?
    - In the past 4 months, which days did you start your period (bleeding)? (i.e. which day in December, November, October, etc.)
    - How many days do you bleed each month?

For many women, it's only a matter of getting their "baby making sex" timing perfect. Here's a thread that tells you how to read your body's fertility signs. That thread gives good information on how to know when you're fertile, but what you'll also want to do is be sure that you're not making love every day. Give your husband at least "a day of rest" in between making love so that his sperm count has a chance to build up.

Also, men who ejaculate every day will often times tend to be low in zinc and this can affect his fertility. You may want to consider giving him a zinc supplement - just have him take it according to the directions on the bottle.

When you post back with answers to my questions I'll give you some more insight. Also please feel free to post any other questions. After reading the post about signs of fertility you may find that you have some new questions or concerns.

We're here to help you conceive faster.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Just wanted to say that it is very unlikely the brief window of time that you used contraceptives is affecting your fertility at this point. It would have immediately after stopping, but at this point it should be clear on that end. Also, do not be discouraged by the miscarriage. It is a very difficult thing to go through, I have had two myself. It is OK to grieve and work through your feelings related to the loss, but do not automatically assume that it means you will have fertility issues in the future. Miscarriages occur in at least one out of every four confirmed pregnancies. Super early miscarriages are often misjudged for menstrual cycles so the number is likely a lot higher than one in four. Unfortunately, a lot of these pregnancies are first-time pregnancies.

Kate can definitely help you out with some specifics, so be and sure get back to her with those answers. Looking forward to having you in the forum!

Thanks Kate

I am 5 feet and 3 inch and my weight is 53 Kilograms.
    In December 3rd, November 2nd, October 28th/29th and on an average 4 days I bleed each month. I like the word 'baby making sex' but in my case its not only baby making but my demand that I need once every 3 days. I am going to check that link.

Its good to see mom2many also sharing her views.Thank you.

Regards

Sima

Hi Sima,

It looks like your height and weight are good, and it looks like your cycle lengths are good. Also looks like you are making love every 3 days, from what you said above.

So I have a few more questions. Do you have any acne on your face or back?

If you read the "signs of fertility" link I posted above, can you tell me what your mucus pattern looks like throughout the cycle? It looks like you should be expecting your period any day now, so if your period comes (hoping it wont ) then watch your cervical mucus secretions and let me know what you're seeing.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Thanks Kate, I will let you know.
    I do not have any acne at present.

Sima,

I am so glad to see that you are reaching out with your concerns. The women here are very knowledgeable. I want to extend the notion of relaxing. When we were trying for our DS, I was a nervous wreck! I checked my basal temp, secretions, and position of my cervix! After three months, I took a chill pill! I relaxed and didn't focus on it and low and behold, I conceived. God Bless!

Hi Sima,

It's good to know you don't have acne and you're not overweight or underweight. Do you have any PMS? If so, what do you experience during that time of your cycle?

If you don't have any PMS, and you don't have a weight challenge and you don't have acne, then I would rule out PCOS and I would then look at if you're getting your baby making sex right. You mentioned that you like to have sex every 3 days. Can you give me an idea of how you have been going about trying to get pregnant? Do you know when you're fertile? Do you know when you're ovulating? How often do you have sex during the time when you're fertile?

We will work through this one question at a time until we figure out what it is that is keeping you from getting pregnant... and staying pregnant.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hello Kate

Unfortunately I had my period started yesterday (January 04) morning!
    I am having little abdominal pain this period which was absent in the last and consecutive previous months. I used to have this pain earlier during my miscarriage. This is not PMS as this pain started after the bleeding had started. What do you think?

We have planned to make love this month during the fertile time, i.e. 14th day or from 15th day before the next cycle as sperm will stay alive for 3-5 days. My husband knows these too and also about this forum.

Regards

Sima

Yes momofone, you are blessed. Good luck.

Hi Sima,

It's good to know you don't have acne and you're not overweight or underweight. Do you have any PMS? If so, what do you experience during that time of your cycle?

If you don't have any PMS, and you don't have a weight challenge and you don't have acne, then I would rule out PCOS and I would then look at if you're getting your baby making sex right. You mentioned that you like to have sex every 3 days. Can you give me an idea of how you have been going about trying to get pregnant? Do you know when you're fertile? Do you know when you're ovulating? How often do you have sex during the time when you're fertile?

We will work through this one question at a time until we figure out what it is that is keeping you from getting pregnant... and staying pregnant.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hi Sima,

The small amount of abdominal pain you are having could be PMS and caused by a slight hormonal imbalance.

Definitely watch your cervical mucus changes this month and post back anytime you see something change so that I can help you get your baby making sex timing perfect this month.

What color is your bleeding? Is it light pink, bright red, dark red or ??? Do you have any clots or strands in the blood?

Please post back and let me know how many days you bleed this cycle. Did this period start with any brown blood or did it start with red blood?

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hello Kate

This period started with brown blood, then it was bright red. Stayed 4 days this week :January 04 to January 07 (very little on January 07).

I had some clots from the 2nd day of bleeding. This is same for all the periods.

Thanks

Sima

Would love to hear from Kate...

Hello Sima,

My time for the forums is not what it used to be. So sorry for the late reply.

I would encourage you to be sure you are eating a preconception diet including some good essential fatty acids.

I have seen wonderful results when women juice dark leafy greens and take at least 3 glasses of green juice each day (you can mix the dark leafy greens like Kale, with apple or other fruit).

If it's just a matter of getting your timing right, then you'll need to watch for your cervical mucus changes and it also really helps to use an ovulation predictor test each day starting on about day 9 of your cycle.

To help resolve the brown blood and clots (you don't want any brown blood or clots) acupuncture for fertility can be very helpful as well as herbs.

Warm Regards,

Kate