Hybrid View

Question Menstruation / Chances of Conceiving

Hi there. I am trying to conceive and even when I was younger ( i am now 28) my menstrual cycle only lasted for 3 days. Then came to a day and a half (that's when I found out I have dermoid cysts but they are now gone (only have a partial ovary left) and my cycle went up to 3 days again but still very light. I am concerned if this has something to do with my fertility. Does this mean that my eggs are weak? How do I get my eggs to be strong enough to be fertilized and how do I increase my menstrual days and blood? Hope I can know more about this because I am really concerned. I really want to me a mum Thank you so much!

Hi readytobeamum,

The length of your bleeding has nothing to do with your eggs In order to develop healthy eggs you need to work on your diet. Exercising can help your body to be able to assimilate nutrients. You could be eating the best diet and taking supplements, but if your body can't utilize the nutrients in your food and supplements, it won't help.

I'd start with exercising regularly (every day for at least 30 minutes) and starting on a preconception diet.

I would also encourage you to make an appointment with your midwife to create a personalized preconception program just for you.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by 5Homebirths4Kate View Post
    Hi readytobeamum,

The length of your bleeding has nothing to do with your eggs In order to develop healthy eggs you need to work on your diet. Exercising can help your body to be able to assimilate nutrients. You could be eating the best diet and taking supplements, but if your body can't utilize the nutrients in your food and supplements, it won't help.

I'd start with exercising regularly (every day for at least 30 minutes) and starting on a preconception diet.

I would also encourage you to make an appointment with your midwife to create a personalized preconception program just for you.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Kate you are so wonderful and you are an angel. Thank you for all your help I will treasure these information. =)

Kate is absolutely right in regards to the length of one's bleeding. It does not effect the eggs. She gave you some great advice, and I would just like to add that I have a very dear friend who lost one of her ovaries and damaged the other during a tubal pregnancy. She went on to get pregnant and successfully give birth three more times in about five years. It may be a little bit harder, take a bit longer, but I wish you the best of luck =)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2many View Post
    Kate is absolutely right in regards to the length of one's bleeding. It does not effect the eggs. She gave you some great advice, and I would just like to add that I have a very dear friend who lost one of her ovaries and damaged the other during a tubal pregnancy. She went on to get pregnant and successfully give birth three more times in about five years. It may be a little bit harder, take a bit longer, but I wish you the best of luck =)

Thank you mom2many. This is awesome. I was crying the other day cause of this but because of this I feel I have renewed hope!