Gestational Carriers

Hello everyone!

I was just curious if anyone has ever used or had been a gestational carrier? I am wanting to offer this to my sister-in-law, but due to the sensitivity of the subject I am not sure how or when to bring it up. I kinda dropped a hint over the holiday when we were discussing mine and my husband's plan for future children. I am 29 and I want to have one more child of my own before I offer this. I know this is a lot of information. Please share your stories.

I have not had nor been a gestational carrier, though I do think I would like to be one day. Is your sister-in-law actively searching for a surrogate? Do you think she will be comfortable with a family member? Some people would prefer to use a surrogate that will not be a regular part of the child's life. Also, if she is actively searching now, you may not be available enough for her. After all, you do want to have another child of your own. That pushes her time to use you as a gestational surrogate back a minimum of a few years and puts you closer to advanced maternal age.

Overall, I think what you are offering is absolutely beautiful and selfless. If surrogacy is something you are interested in, with your sister n law or otherwise, I encourage you to purse it. It is one of the most beautiful, amazing gifts one woman can offer another. Just want to give you some thoughts on how the sister n law may feel.

My sister-in-law has not said that she is looking for a surrogate. That is the whole issue. We also live in Colorado and she lives in Nevada. My thinking is that because we only see them twice a year it might help.

Thank you so much for your advice.