Having another child...

Hi all! I want to have a second child and would love to start trying again sooner than later...waiting for my husband to be on board (he wants 2 kids, but isn't ready to have another yet!) My daughter is 14 months old and I'd love for her to have a sibling closer in age. I was 3 1/2 years apart from my sister and we fought a lot as children. I hated that I had all my parent's attention and then I had to share! Will having the kids closer in age alleviate some of that sibling rivalry/resentment about having another child?

Hi!
    Whenever you want a child, you and your husband need to be ready. So, I don't recommend you to put pressure on your husband, but tell him what you want,

Kind regards, Anni

Hello Natalie,

I have four children between the ages of 7 and 2. They love each other like crazy, but still fight. I do not know if having them closer together will alleviate much of that, in fact I actually think it might make it worse.

I think the only thing you can do in this situation is talk to your husband, tell him how you feel, and what your reasons are, then wait. I agree with Anni about not pressuring your husband. Gentle persuasion on the other hand is not so bad .

Regardless, at the end of the day the decision to bring a child into the world is best when mutually made by both parties and well planned. While there is no perfect time to have a child for most people, there likely isn't much of a rush at this point either. You are both fertile, I assume you are pretty young, give it a bit of time. He wants a second child, he will come around.

Best Wishes,
    Angela

Hi!

Actually, I am the person who want to work right now for about one year and than I would like to have another baby; but my husband want it now. We talk about that and I think it's better for me to have pause. I would like to have some time for myself. I'm still young and that won?t be problem (to have another child later).

Regards!

Anni

Nataliesmum,

I am right there with you! I want to have another one as well, but I can't get my husband on board either! My son is almost three! My husband has also told me that he would be perfectly fine only having our son. I told him that that was not what we had agreed on before we got married! Let me know if you ever get him on board, and how! I am at a lost on how to get him going.

There's no special recipe, but I think he might want another child if yours friends have them too.
    It's a little beat silly, but it works with men.
    Also, hanging with them, especially with fathers who are proud of their children could have positive influence on him. Also, he must be aware of the fact that it's always better to have more children, because of them selves,
    not to be alone in the world. I have one brother and I know that he will be always there for me!!

Regards, Anni