Hybrid View

Vacation with baby

Hi everyone!

I would like to visit my relatives in South Europe, but I'm afraid that would be a long trip for my daughter (2 years old). Is anyone have ever gone on such a long trip with young child?
    My husband and I used to travel a lot, before she was born, but now it's rather difficult. You know, all the stuff you need to bring with - nappies, clothes, toys etc.

If you have any experience in those please share it with me.

Thanks, Anni

Hi Anni,

We have travelled quite a bit with my son. The longest trip we did with him was a 10 hour flight to Malaysia at one year and most recently a family holiday to Spain (when he was 22 months).

It is certainly do-able but I would say that my best advice is to be very well-organised and plan ahead. It is also possible to pack relatively lightly if you research what nappies etc are available at your destination.

One tip I have is to breastfed your daughter/ give her a drink on the take off and landing as this will help to equalise the pressure in her ears.

I pack a goodie bag full of small, inexpensive new toys for my toddler for long journeys. Healthy snacks are also handy!

Travelling with children can be manageable and even fun!

I hope your trip goes well.

Best wishes,

LJ

Thank you for advices ljmarsden!

I'll use all of them! I hope my trip goes well, too.
    I have one question: Has your son any kind of reaction, when you traveled by plane? I must say that I'm a little beat afraid of flying.

I've already found shops for things I'll need there (nappies and that kind of stuff).

Kind regards,

Anni
    Last edited by Anni; 10th January 2013 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks, jessiebrin!

Bouncy Castle Wicklow seems like a good choice.

Anni

Thanks for share it with us.

You're welcome!