Hybrid View

When did you return to work?

When did you return to work after having your baby? Did you go back part-time or full-time?

I think this article explains your rights and how to talk to your employer about Paid Parental Leave very well. I did take some time off after my first was born. When my youngest was born I worked at home, so it was easy for me to return to work as soon as I felt ready to do so. I do think it is important to know what rights you have and to talk to your employer early, so he or she is kept informed and you are both able to come to an agreement.

I returned to work after two weeks with my first, as I was a single mother =(. With my second it was six weeks. With my third, I began writing from home when he was around two months. With my last baby, I went back to writing when she was around three weeks, but it wasn't that bad since I did not have to leave the house or do anything strenuous.

I think taking off some time after birth is very important, particularly for mums who work outside of the home. The period of time immediately following birth is so crucial to bonding and breastfeeding.