Hybrid View

Cloth Nappies

Who uses cloth nappies? Whats your favorite style? Brand? Does anyone make their own?

I love cloth nappies, though we use them about half the time right now. I used to use them full-time, but with four kids and a full-time job I have kind of fallen off the cloth wagon this time around. Personally, I love all-in-ones, but I feel like prefolds are easier to clean. I am a huge fan of bumgenius diapers for overnight wear.
    Last edited by mom2many; 16th January 2012 at 05:59 AM.

With baby #1, I used cloth nappies for about 5 months, then found that the disposable nappies kept her drier and she had less rashes.

With baby #2, I started him in cloth nappies because I wanted to be able to count wet diapers during his first few weeks of life, to be sure he was getting enough breast milk. But after 2 months, I switched to disposable nappies because I found I didn't have to change him as often and they kept him drier.

Babies 3, 4 and 5 all got disposable nappies. For me, the convenience of the disposable nappies was super important to me, especially when I started doing child care for other families and had 5 children under the age of 3 to care for 12 hours a day.

I liked the all-in-ones when I used them and my favorite burp cloths were the recycled nappies from the local nappy service. Just loved those!

Kate,

Thanks for sharing! Cloth diapers definitely are good for counting wet diapers during the first few weeks. I have recommended them to many mums who were worried about breast milk intake. I could never tell when a disposable nappy was wet on those newborns!