Thread: Homebirth Info

Homebirth Info

I like the idea but know nothing about home-birth. Where can I go to find out more?

Hi Annie,

One of the best places to start learning about homebirth is to take a look at the articles and videos on this homebirth page.

The homebirth forum also has a lot of good information.

I've known a number of women who had a hospital birth and then decided to have a homebirth. Their homebirths were so much better than their hospital births.

Here's a good thread where another mum asked "Is homebirthing a good choice?" I think you'll learn a lot just from that one thread.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hi Kate,

Thanks for this info. I'm learning a lot!

Annie

Annie,

Here is another page with information about homebirth. I would definitely take a peak at the statistics and safety portion of this site. 99.8% of homebirths in Australia last year were born healthy and there were no maternal losses reported from homebirths. Pretty amazing stats. There are some great, qualified midwives and homebirth is an amazing, beneficial option for many women.

-Angela

I think it is a personal choice - so for some women home birth is not right for them, however, for other women a home birth is absolutely the right choice.