Surrogate Search

Hi, my husband and I want to take advantage of the the changes in Qlds recent law changes regarding surrogacy.

We joined a few sites, but it seems that so far, all we have met is scammers, which is heartbreaking.

We have advertised our willingess to donate sperm reciprically and indicated we have no issue helping in the future if the sperm recipient wants siblings. We have stated we would be happy to either be in contact or not, depending on the Mothers choice..
    The only stipulation we have placed is that the surrogate must be Australian as we cannot afford to travel overseas. We have no issues with ethnicity.

We have done all the things we can think of to open the door for a child.. so far, all we have is hope.

Does anyone know of anything else we could try??

Thank you,
    Kate & James

I wish you luck with your future family and hope someone comes along soon that can help.
    Hidden Content

Dr Roger Kingston DO
    Osteopath & Cranial Osteopath

Hidden Content

Hi Kate and James

Firstly welcome to our forum. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties in locating a suitable (and legitimate!) surrogate.

Part of the problem I would imagine is that this legislative change is relatively new. Because of longstanding legal issues surrounding surrogacy in Australia, it is quite likely not the first option that would come to the mind of a woman considering assisting others to conceive - egg donation being a more common event in Australia.

I am loathe to suggest sites or platforms as I have no knowledge of their authenticity. I wish there was more I could say to you than, it may take time... but I feel this is perhaps the most honest answer I can give at this point. As awareness rises, you may find that so too do the numbers of women appearing on relevant sites who are willing to help.

One thought I have though within this forum is, can any of our American members help? Surrogacy has been legal in your nation far longer than ours. While obviously Kate and James aren't looking to actually negotiate in America, can any of you suggest how they might go about locating a willing birth mother?

Kate and James, I wish you the very best of luck. I am going to make contact with a few people I know who may have suggestions and will post back here anything of value I can turn up.

Until then, best of luck!

Yvette
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

Hi Kate and James

I have just had a thought. Have you considered advertising in Brisbane's Child? Here in Sydney, Sydney's Child always has classified ads lodged by couples searching for egg donors. Advertising for a surrogate may be an option. If Brisbane's child haven't already thought of this, maybe it's time to suggest it! You may have already tried this, but if not here is a link to their website: Brisbane's Child Website

Would love to hear how you're going and hope you are making progress.

Regards
    Yvette
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

I'm doing a project for school about surrogate mothers, i have searched this question everywhere and can't seem to find an answer. So what would happen if a surrogate mother was carrying a baby, and the baby unexpectedly didn't make it?