Hybrid View

6 weeks pregnant

Hi,
    I am 5 weeks pregnant. It is my first pregnancy.
    Since Tuesday I started feeling a pain in my lower abdomen like menstruation pain. Since then I have that type of pain coming back regularly for a few minutes. But on Wednesday eve I had a strong pain in my lower abdomen, not localised but going from one side to another, had hot flushes plus pins and needles in my arms and so about to faint. I sat down for 5mn and it slowly all went away.
    Today I am feeling quite better and overall good with mild lower abd pain ones in a while.
    All of that happened with no bleeding or spotting.
    Should I worry or just wait until the 24th for my first ultrasound?
    Thank you for your help.
    Eli

Eli

I would advise you to contact your doctor or midwife as soon as possible to discuss these symptoms. This is important both to establish whether there are any issues with your pregnancy but also to put your mind at ease if there isn't.

I wish you all the very best of luck for your pregnancy. Do let us know how you are going.

Yvette
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

Administrator
    Hi Eli - Welcome to our forum. We hope you get lots of support here. There are quite a few different causes of pain early pregnancy - sometimes it is a minor issues that resolves itself and sometimes the cause can be more signficant such as ectopic pregnancy. It is important to speak to your midwife or doctor about any unusal pain. It may be nothing but it is better to be safe and have it checked out.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content