Recently had a miscarriage , when is a good time to start trying again?

Hello,

I have recently had a miscarriage to a set of twins, my partner and I want to start trying again, but we dont know how long after we should wait to start trying?
    if any one has ideas on whens a best time to start trying, could you let me know?

Administrator
    Hi Hannah -

I am so sorry about your miscarriage.

I don't know that their is any clear answer to this question. The answer comes from when you feel ready both physically and emotionally. If you lost a lot of blood during the miscarriage it may be beneficial to wait until your iron stores build up. When a planning pregnancy it is always beneficial to do some preconception care. Making sure you are in top physical shape helps ensure a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

From a practical point of view it is helpful to try again after you've experience a period following the miscarriage. This way you can note the first day of your last menstrual period which is very helpful when calculating your estimated due date.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

I also had a miscarriage and my husband and I both both feel that we are ready... We've been trying but I am not getting pregnant? What may be the problem?

Hi,

I've put some comments about this in your question here.

I wish you and healthy and happy pregnancy.

Best wishes,

LJ