Thread: let me know

let me know

is there anyway i could be put into labour now!!! my body is so weak and its only gonna get weaker and im scared it will be to weak for labour, i cant stand up long enough to have a shower, if i stand up for more than 5 mins i fall over and im scared of hurting mysel f or bubs! my legs are all bruised from non-stop cramps and it hurts whenever i touch my belly. i want to have my bub now!!! if i really wanted her out am i able to be put into labour, im 38 weeks

Administrator
    Dear Amber - I am so sorry that you are very uncomfortable. Have you talked to your midwife or doctor about how you are feeling? There is an article called Inducing labour naturally that you might find helpful. I know you are struggling and I feel for you. Do remember that women's bodies are amazingly resilient. Induction of labour is usually only done for medical reasons - so you need to talk to your midwife and doctor about your concerns.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

okay and ive tried bringing labour on

Hi Amber

Sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable. Many women feel very uncomfortable in their last weeks and experienced the same feelings of wanting to get to labour and birth as fast as possible. At the same time though, allowing your body (and your baby) to birth when it is ready generally offers the best outcomes. Rest as much as you can.

As Jane says, although I am sure you feel exhausted now and wonder how you could possibly find the strength to birth your baby, you can and you will. When labour starts your body will fill with the hormones needed to give you strength and endurance. You will be amazed at how strong you can be.

Talk to your doctor and midwife about your fears. Apart from anything else I am sure they will also reassure you of both how LONG these last few weeks can feel and your ability to birth your baby despite feeling oh so tired now.

Best Regards

Yvette
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content

i dont see my midwife until 2 day before my due date

Hi Amber

How are you going? How far do you have until your due date now?

Regards
    Yvette
    Hidden Content Mumof2IVFmiracles Hidden Content