Dear all,

I am a mature aged and experienced Psychologist currently undertaking training in Analytic Psychotherapy with the Australia and New Zealand Society of Jungian Analysts. As part of this program, I am required to participate in an infant observation program. Psychotherapists often undertake Mother and Infant observation as part of their training and on-going professional development. It is very valuable to observe first hand a normal infant’s early social/emotional development, over the first years of life. This leads to a deeper understanding of the early years of emotional development, which can be applied in helping adult patients with emotional difficulties. The observer visits the baby for an hour each week, usually in the family home. The observer tries to be as unobtrusive as possible, focusing on the baby’s emotional and physical development and how she/he interacts with its environment including family. Research indicates that mothers frequently find Infant Observation a rich and rewarding experience and a valuable opportunity to reflect on the progress of their child with someone who see’s them on a regular basis as the observer.
It is a privilege to be allowed into the baby’s home; therefore the parents’ wishes are always respected and I would be more than happy to explain further about what the process involves.
If you are interested in finding out more, about infant observation, please phone or e-mail me at the address below. Thank you for your kind consideration.

Kind Regards

Roshanak Vahdani
BA (Psych) MA (Psych) MAPS
Psychologist and Psychotherapist Tele No: 0431 017 990