How to lower depression

Hi All,
    Here are some effective tips to lower depression.
    Engage yourself in regular workouts to lose and maintain healthy body weight and sooth stress. Talk with family and friends and share your problems with them. Practice giving back and accept the things you cannot change. Remember to laugh, try not to worry and quit alcohol, smoking and caffeine. Get enough sleep and give up the bad habits.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing these useful ways to reduce the chance of suffering from depression.

Postnatal depression occurs in around 1 in 5 of all births. It generally starts within 4-6 months following birth (although it does start later in some cases) and often results in a woman feeling unable to cope and unable to break out of a low mood. It is more common in women who have experienced any form of depression before.

As Hary says above, it's so important to talk about your feelings. Having a new baby is a life-changing event and can leave us feeling anxious, unknowledgeable or unprepared. Often it helps just to know others are feeling the same - which is why counselling groups offer excellent support. There are also national depression phone-lines for if you do not feel you can go to a local support group.

Interestingly, research shows the postpartum depression is reduced in mothers who breastfeed and also those who babywear (wear their baby in a sling for a significant proportion of the day). Some studies cite that consuming the placenta (in tablet form) also helps to reduce post-partum depression.

Please keep talking to those around you if you feel depressed and remember you are not alone and it is not your fault that you are feeling like this. Your doctor may prescribe medication to help you if you are happy with this route.

Best wishes,

LJ

I use to do yoga or meditation when i feel some depression these things helps me to come out of depression and control my nerves.

Bartending School
    Last edited by ElizaSeyler; 25th November 2013 at 04:19 PM.

Good point ElizaSeyler - people who exercise daily have been shown to suffer less from all forms of depression. Yoga helps to relax and de-stress the mind and body.

LJ

Hi! Me, whenever a depression struck me, I eat green apple, exercise, yoga, or jog. Something that will make me feel happy. What makes you happy? Well, me, I like going out to malls and window shop for my kid. Well, as you can see, since we are already a mum, we cannot just buy things for ourselves anymore. We now consider things now. Anyways... after eating fruits or hot choco (of course chocolates makes us happy, hehe) makes me feel hyper and wanted to run through the neighbors. After that im so tired all i wanted to do is take a shower and relax, read a book about parenting. It is nice feeling after the work out and have some quiet time with you Bub.

Loann

Great advice Loann - thanks

I read some research which showed that being outside each day helps to lower depression and the same is true of exercising and eating healthily.

I think that it's important to take care of yourself and value yourself. Just because you are a mum doesn't mean you don't need some 'time out' doing special things or simply relaxing.

LJ

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post

I read some research which showed that being outside each day helps to lower depression and the same is true of exercising and eating healthily.

I think that it's important to take care of yourself and value yourself. Just because you are a mum doesn't mean you don't need some 'time out' doing special things or simply relaxing.

LJ
    Thanks LJ you appreciate me....

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post

LJ
    Thanks LJ you appreciate me....