Hybrid View

Would you like extra support from a student midwife? Gold Coast/Tweed

Hello,

My name is Beau and I am a very enthusiastic and passionate student midwife at Southern Cross University. Last year as part of my course I walked alongside 10 women throughout their childbearing journey in what is known as ‘continuity of care’ experience. I am in search of more generous women who may be interested in assisting me to gain this incredibly valuable experience. There are also many benefits for women who invite a student midwife to follow their childbearing experience including having the extra support and the comfort in having a familiar face throughout your very special journey. As your student midwife I will attend a minimum of 3 antenatal appointments, your labour and birth (if you choose), and attend a minimum of 2 postnatal visits. There is no cost, participation is entirely voluntary and you can change your mind at any time without providing an explanation.

If you will be birthing your baby at Tweed Hospital, Mullumbimby & District War Memorial Hospital, Murwillumbah District Hospital or you are planning a homebirth with a private midwife in the Gold Coast/Tweed Shire, you are 35 weeks pregnant or less, and you would like to consider having a student midwife follow your journey then I would love to hear from you.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss having me as your student midwife, please send me a private message. Thank you.

Gold Coast

Hi,

Hi,

I am interested in finding out if you would be interested in supporting our family for my impending birth. I am due in just a few weeks (15 Sept) and our support person for caring for our son will probably not be able to do it (it was my MIL & FIL, but my FIL has just gotten out of ICU at Tweed for severe pneumonia, they are in their 80s). So what we really need is a support person for my son. He is 3 years old and we have never left him with anyone. He loves his grandparents dearly though so we thought that would be a good option for them to care for him at our home - but now that isn't an option we thought that he might be able to join us at the hospital if he had his own support person (he has actually been wanting to be there at the birth whole way through and wasn't at all impressed being told he couldn't be there). That way my husband can be my support person (he did a brilliant job last time), and my son can have his own support person and leave the room as he needs etc.

We are located in Southport and we are birthing at Pindara.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Belinda

Quote Originally Posted by bindi13 View Post
    Hi,

Hi,

I am interested in finding out if you would be interested in supporting our family for my impending birth. I am due in just a few weeks (15 Sept) and our support person for caring for our son will probably not be able to do it (it was my MIL & FIL, but my FIL has just gotten out of ICU at Tweed for severe pneumonia, they are in their 80s). So what we really need is a support person for my son. He is 3 years old and we have never left him with anyone. He loves his grandparents dearly though so we thought that would be a good option for them to care for him at our home - but now that isn't an option we thought that he might be able to join us at the hospital if he had his own support person (he has actually been wanting to be there at the birth whole way through and wasn't at all impressed being told he couldn't be there). That way my husband can be my support person (he did a brilliant job last time), and my son can have his own support person and leave the room as he needs etc.

We are located in Southport and we are birthing at Pindara.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Belinda
    Hi Belinda,

Thank you for your reply to my post. Unfortunately at present, Southern Cross University does not have an agreement with Pindara Hospital for student midwives, so I am unable to assist. I can suggest you try to contact Griffith University as the student midwives there may be able to attend Pindara. The link to apply for a student can be found by searching 'Griffith university student midwife' in google.

I wish you all the best for your special journey and hope you find the support you are looking for.

Kind regards
    Beau