Hello,

My name is Beau and I am a very enthusiastic and passionate student midwife at Southern Cross University. Last year as part of my course I walked alongside 10 women throughout their childbearing journey in what is known as ‘continuity of care’ experience. I am in search of more generous women who may be interested in assisting me to gain this incredibly valuable experience. There are also many benefits for women who invite a student midwife to follow their childbearing experience including having the extra support and the comfort in having a familiar face throughout your very special journey. As your student midwife I will attend a minimum of 3 antenatal appointments, your labour and birth (if you choose), and attend a minimum of 2 postnatal visits. There is no cost, participation is entirely voluntary and you can change your mind at any time without providing an explanation.

If you will be birthing your baby at Tweed Hospital, Mullumbimby & District War Memorial Hospital, Murwillumbah District Hospital or you are planning a homebirth with a private midwife in the Gold Coast/Tweed Shire, you are 35 weeks pregnant or less, and you would like to consider having a student midwife follow your journey then I would love to hear from you.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss having me as your student midwife, please send me a private message. Thank you.