Hello! TTC at 39!! Come on clock please keep ticking!! :)

Good day all! My name is Sherri and I am a proud mother of two beautiful children. Well, actually my children are almost completely grown, my daughter 17 and my son is now 19 years old. (but of course for all of us mums our babies will always be our babies no matter how old they are!) I had a tubal ligation at the age of 22, 2 months after my baby girl was born. I was in a difficult time of my life, I had an abusive husband. I was young and scared and I did what I thought was necessary at the time. Well when my daughter was 3 and my son was 5 years of age we escaped with the help of my couragous sister. She saved my life!! Well, later on down the line I met the love of my life!! We were soon happily married. Well, he has never had children of his own although he accepted mine as his babies. I would love to have the chance to bare a child together with him. 8 years ago, we attempted IVF. 16 beautiful class A embryos. We were so excited!! We had 3 implantations 2 embryos at a time, each time my body rejected them. We felt like there was no hope for us so dontated the rest to women that are not able to conceive. Well, until 2 years ago, we changed our minds again. I had a tubal reversal 2 years as of May 2nd. Still no luck, but we are not giving up!!
    Last edited by sherriwants2beamum; 10th July 2013 at 04:51 AM.

Hi Sherri,

Thank you so much for sharing your personal story here. What courage and strength you have. And your sister too. I hope your post gives other women who are living in an abusive relationship the inspiration and courage to seek help and to protect themselves and their children.

How wonderful that you went on to meet your now husband. I wish you many more happy years of married and family life together.

Women can achieve a successful pregnancy after a tubal reversal but unfortunately it does take longer than if you have not had a tubal ligation. Have a look at this article on Preconception Care as I think it would be wise to give your body the very best chance in terms of nutrition and fitness of conceiving.

The NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence in the UK) guidelines are to have sex at least every other day if you are trying to conceive.

I'm sure that you are aware that it depends on the type of tubal ligation you had as to how successful a reversal is at allowing you to conceive. I believe the chance of conceiving after a reversal is between 20-70% depending on the method of tubal ligation you had. Did your doctor talk to you about this and give you any indication of the likelihood of conceiving?

You may also find this previous post on conceiving as you get older helpful.

I really do hope you are able to conceive a baby soon. You sound like a strong, wonderful mum.

Best wishes,

LJ

Thank you LJ what you said means a lot to me. That is what I do want to do is help other women that have gone through or going through abuse. To let them know that no one deserves to be abused whether it is physical or verbal. When we escaped to the DV shelter I learned that at that moment I was breaking the cycle. I wasn't only saving myself but saving my son and daughter from future abusive relationships. I learned that I deserved to be loved and treated with repect. I thank God every day so sending my wonderful sister to give me strength.

I am so hungry to have another baby. When I had my tubal ligation, they were clamped with fallopian rings. However, my right tube was clamped very close to my uterus which made it difficult to repair. My left tube was slightly swollen. My doctor told me that it could have been from a silent infection that I never knew about or it could have been from the tubal ligation itself. But he did repair both tubes and and when he did the dye test both tubes flowed freely. My doctor basically told me that I do have a chance to get pregnant but not guaranteed. I will definatley check out your links. Any help is appeciated greatly.

Thank you,

Sherri

You are such a strong lady. Thank you for sharing your story on this forum - where it can touch the lives of women from around the world.

That is positive that the repair to the tubal ligation allowed the test dye to flow freely. There is some more information about the tubal ligation reversal conception success rates here. It seems having IVF does make a difference to the chance of conceiving for women like yourself.

You may also be interested in this previous thread which discussing avoiding dairy to keep the fallopian tubes clear.

With my very best wishes,

LJ
    Last edited by ljmarsden; 20th July 2013 at 04:22 PM.